Blown sub, i think...

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 715
So i think it turns out tha the sub i bought the other day in the ported box is blown, it sounded fine when they tested it @ the store(cash converters, like a pawn shop, so no warranty ) in the ported box, but when i got home later on the night i remembered about the whole pushing on the cone and hearing the scratchin well i heard alittle bit and when i played it free air it sounded like crap...well regardless im jsut gunna sell the ported box in hopes of making some of the money back, might even make it all some kid is interested in the box rtie now...lol but my question is is there ne other testing i can do to see if its blown, adn what i can do if it is, is it worth fixing...its a newer model cvr...i emailed kicker today, but with shippin and all that it will prob end up being better off getting a brand new one...should i maybe call some shops to see if they do that kind off stuff?...i dunno kind of pi$$ed of now cuz i was real pumped to get my 3rd cvr without paying retail...

Bronze Member
Username: Kickdoor

Post Number: 33
Connect it with the box to an amp not free air and see how it sounds.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 716
ive had it connected with the box and it sounds fine to me....but when u push down on the cone it makes a scratching noise, and i tried the same with my older cvr's and they dont make a scratching noise...

Bronze Member
Username: Kickdoor

Post Number: 36
oh so no difference in sound? Just when you push on the cone it makes a scratchy noise? it might be out of alignment a little. does it feel like the VC is rubbing to you?

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

Il Us

Post Number: 218
dude... i have an mtx 4000 that scratches but in a box it sounds fine. i'd just keep it if it still sounds good.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 718
yeah it feels like it is slightly rubbing but only for like a second....then if i go down more it stops...thats what i was gunna do justin jsut build the seald box for it and play it and if i notice it sounding bad im jsut gunna get the exact same sub so i wont have to change nethign...thanks for the help guys... is there a way with me DMM to check if something is wrong with it?

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

Il Us

Post Number: 223
y r u going sealed? i had mine in a ported box tuned to 33hz and it sounded like a new 1.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 719
im gunna have two ported in the bed of my truck and that one in between the seats seald...or if i have enough room maybe ill go seald...it was jsut really for looks and to bring some extra bass into the cab, like a mid bass but not really...lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us