What box for 2 10w6v2's

Username: Svtmassa

Post Number: 6
i need a box for my two 10w6v2's i would prefer loudness, so im guessing ported, does anyone make a ported box premade for the specs for these subs. i will be running them with a phoenix gold xenon 1200.1 will i have a hard hitting system or one with good sound quality?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4032
check out www.woodlawncabinetry.com

Phil makes great boxes.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1251
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! He just scammed a bunch of people. It was all over all the other car audio forums. I thought I read about it on here too... I can't remember.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4035
Please fill me in on this. He built me two boxes last year and they both were nice.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4037
I have had great experiences with woodlawncabinetry. They offer great service and work at a great price.

Username: Bumpncarstereo

Post Number: 1
I believe you may be mistaken Isaac W. I have never heard of one specific time where Phil has ever done anything to mar his reputation as a straight forward stand up business man.

The reason I feel you maybe mistaken is that other car audio enclosure builders (namely TCAB) has recently come under fire for less than honorable business practices.

So Isaac W. I am not calling you a liar, I just would like to see proof about these allegations. Phil is a great guy and I find it very hard to believe that he would do anything to ruin his reputation in a day in age where information flows freely as it does.

Dan

Username: Phil_salisbury

Isaac,

Do you have rock hard concrete evidence of the allegations for which you are making?

Also, I find it rather convenient on your part that you make such claims that I supposedily scammed " bunch of people " and " It was all over all the other car audio forums. " and then you can't remember where any of them are posted.

Username: Renegadesrun

I would love be diplomatic about this but alas...i cannot. Phil is one of THE most stand up box building business man i have seen on the net....period. This includes both his business practices, ethics, and quality of build.

IMHO the reply should be deleted outright, but since he seems to believe he is correct, should be given the chance to put up, or STFU, and do so in a timely fashion.

The proof, or lack thereof, will serve its purpose. To show the world that A: Not only is the reply without merit but that Phil is one of the best builders you can find. AND B: Isaac suffers from a r3ctal/cranial inversion.

You have the wrong man son.

Post Number: 2
You may have ideas about this being my first post.

You will note my sign up predates any of yours.

My screename is Renegadesrun and a google search (with all results included) will net you no less than 90 PAGES of my affiliation with many many forums.... none of which have anything but props listed for Phils business practices.

Phil is both a friend AND business associate of mine.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4039
Phil, i called you today and left you a message regarding a new box i want built. Get back to me at your earliast conveniance.

Post Number: 3
JL makes the box you seek as well. I would not go with prefab if i were you.

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 339
Upload

Post Number: 2
Paul,

It's not violent anger, just pain anger.

Since Isaac posted my alleged " scamming ", he has not seem fit to reply to the claims made.

I am waiting for evidence or proof there of along with others and he has posted to the forum since then with no response to his earlier post.

While he not posting nothing in the eye's of some is proof of no evidence to the allegations he presented does not mean I feel the same since he's the one directly attacking me and my business.

Post Number: 3
Still waiting Isaac.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5886
he was probably thinking about TCAB, simple mistake.

i have never heard anything negative towards your company phil.

Post Number: 4
Muddy,

I do appreciate what you have said, though the sentiment may not come across in a manner of expression in the words conveyed.

If Isaac made a mistake, then he should owe up to it and simply state as such. Posting the comment as such is just leaving it hang out there for others to read and make judgements as such with no basis in actual facts to support the claim made in the first place.

If I made such claims about a person or business, they would want to know the basis of claims being made and if an error was made, I would be man enough to admit it.

All I am asking for is the same.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1702
hate to get off topic, but emailed you phil for a price quote for a box.

Post Number: 5
ctmike,

Was your e-mail for a alpine type r 12" subwoofer ported.

If so, I got it and will get back to you later this day.

I'm in the process of finishing up design drafts and details for some HT speaker tower cabinets for a customer quote.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2792
i would use one of these boxes, made for JLsubs specifically. the 1v210d slot ported box runs $125 delivered
The VJL enclosure has been around for 15 years, originally designed for JL W6's. The VJL still works well with JL's newer models, believe us you've never heard a single driver sound like this, it will take your breath away. New for 05, enclosures for the W1V2 and the W7's. Our W7 enclosures have 1.5" faceplate.

Model # Total Openings port port fb/f3 W H TD
Cu.Ft. Available area depth

VJL130 1.32 1 - 10" 10 sq" 16 3/4 37/33 11 1/2 13 22
VJL180 1.84 1 - 12" 14 sq" 18 35/28 13 15 22
1V210 1.51 1 - 10" 13 sq" 17 39/33 23 7/8 12 1/8 12 1/2
1V210D 3.18 2 - 10" 13 sq" x 2 23 39/33 30 3/16 13 1/4 18 1/4

Post Number: 6
Isaac, I still waiting for a response.

I ain't going to let this rest till you back up the statements ya made or you fest up an admit you were wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 188
Sorry for bringing this back from the dead, but Phil.. is there an email I can reach you at? I wanted a quote on a box similar to the JL Prowedge for a 12w6v2.

Bronze Member
Username: Thed42

Post Number: 17
Isaac,
You piece of sh1t. Own up to it. Mistakes are made, it would be alot better if you said a simple apology. This ain't no huge company, so a mans rep with his company is all he has got.
I am always sticking up for the little man. F big Businesses

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4046
I just ordered two enclosures for 2 of my subs from phil and im a repeat customer. I will continue to support him because he has proven to do great work on my enclosures.

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
What size were your boxes.. how much did you pay? To keep it confidential can you please PM me.

Post Number: 9
Hold on fella's:
Read https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/269149.html

Post Number: 10
Mo,

Is this another enclosure in addition to the other's you ordered??

You got my e-mail address.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4047
Nope, just the 2 i recently placed in order for.

So far Phil has built me boxes for the following :

JL 12w6v2 ported box / 1.5 @ 32hz

Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15 / 2.25 net sealed

Soon to be :

JL 10w6v2 ported box / 1.00 @ 34hz

JL 12w3v3 ported box / 1.75 @ 30hz

I cant wait to hear them.

p.s. What type of nails do you recommend for mounting the subwoofer in the enclosure phil ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Mo,

I would use #8 1" - 1 1/4 Panhead Screw.

Also, pre-drill the hole to the size of the screw shaft, less risk of MDF blowout.

Also, if the drill your using has a torque clutch, use a setting of 3 to first drive in the screw, it won't tighten the screw's tight, then set at a higher setting of 5 or 6 and then tighten the screws again.

By driving in the screws in this manner using the torque clutch, the screws will be tight without running the risk of striping the screws in the MDF.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 571
hey phil ... whats ur email .. i wanted a quote on a box for the fi q 18 .. lemme know ... or email me at binny816@yahoo.com

5.0 cuft tuned to 28hz :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Mike,

I'll shoot ya an e-mail later today.

Also, what the he!! is a fi q 18???

I know it's got to be a subwoofer, so I need the name - model - spec's.

Also need the wattage amount you intend to put to it so I can design the enclosure properly.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4048
Is 1 or 1 1/4 the size of the screw shaft ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
Phil, i never got that addy. What email can i reach you at.. i was wondering if you can make a box similar to the JL prowedge for the 12w6v2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Mo,

The shaft size of the screw is not the lenght.

The shaft or shank as it is referred to by woodworkers is the diameter of the screw at it's center lenght.

So, for a # 8 screw, you would pre-drill the hole using a 1/8" drill bit.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4050
Phil, how far down do i want to predrill the holes ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Little mo,

I can fabricate an enclosure similar to it, but not to JL exact spec's.

I don't copy copyrighted design's unless I get permission from the company or person to do so.

I'm sure someone somewhere wouldn't give a sh!t about buiding you a copy of it, but, I'm not like everyone else.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1323
I totally forgot about this thread Phil my bad. I already talked to you about this on the other thread that you made with my name on it. I told you it was an honest mistake and that it was. I think that muddy was right, it probably was TCAB. Although I could have sworn that one guy was talking about you. I saw the thread you posted about how people were waiting for there boxes from you for a long time. Maybe the thread I originally saw was them venting about having to wait so long. Again sorry. Plus like I said before that was when I had just recently e-mailed you for a quote and you didn't have time to get back to me, so it seemed like it all added up. I hope we are all good now!

I probably would have got my box built by you if you had gotten back to me, but Marshall White helped me out. Maybe in the future when I get a new setup you can make me a nice quality box.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2505
hey phil just a question around how much are your boxes just estimates like a sealed ported just basic stuff

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2509
bump since it didnt bump for me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Charlie,

I don't have anything like concrete set costs for enclosure's because each enclosure is different in terms of what the customer wants.

However, for example, say you wanted a JL 10w7 ported enclosure to JL enclosure spec's:

1.5 cu. ft. Net @ 35 hz
Enclosure size - 23.25" w x 13.5" h x 14.5"
Slot Port - 1.5" x 12" x 22.5"
1" MDF Baffle
Carpet - Charcoal Grey or Black
Terminal Cup w/ Spring Posts - Gold Plated
Cost $ 135.00 + Shipping

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Big Mo,

Just drill the hole thru the baffle.

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1311
how fast can you bang off a box? must have made countless of em

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Mark,

Depends on the details and size of the enclosure.

However, one time I did time myself and it took me 34 minutes to cut, built, cut the subwoofer opening and finish sand a dual sealed enclosure for 2 10w3's.

And that was pushing it just to see how fast I could do it.

I'm just one person and I have to divide my time between answering e-mails and phone calls, designing and drafting enclosure's, Ordering and picking up materials, cutting, building and finishing enclosures, packaging and shipping, not to mention all the other crap that come with running a business.

It's not like I'm in the shop from sun up till sun down blasting thru sheets of mdf and building boxes.

I, unlike someone who shall remain nameless, I don't take on orders that I know I wouldn't be able to deliver on in the time frame to do so.

However, it does not take me two month's to deliver/ship an enclosure either.

Right now, that time frame is 10-14 days plus delivery time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
Yes Phil, I knew you wouldnt do an exact spec, thats why i said similar. I was just curious because i wanted a custom box for my GTI. The rear seats tilt at <45 so id need to do some measuring for a custom wedge. Is there an email where I can reach you?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us