Blown sub!!!!!!!???

Username: Ddnutzbootleg

Post Number: 5
well i have 2 alpine type x subs and a Orion 2500D and everyone on here convinced me everything would be fine if i got those but the other day on a long drive i blew one of my subs on my amp i have that protect mode crap where it will cut off soemtimes but i still fcked it up so now i have no bass but i think only 1 of my subs are blown, i got that funny smll i guess it was my voice coil burning but i was stupid and didnt turn it down or soemthing but when i press down on teh sub i hear that scatchy sound but only on one of them so im hoping only one is blown and i want to get another one or get a different sub or maybe even 2 more but i dont know what to do? and i dont want to blow another alpine type x if i get the same thing??? what should i do>????

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 919
get another type x, and make sure everyhting is wired right..

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 474
I would just sell your 1 type X, not worth the money. Use the money to buy something better, how much willing to spend on subs ?

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 305
u didnt work in your type X just buy another type X and turn the gain to half bass boost to very little or none at all thats prob what hurt it is turning your bass boost too high have patience work in your subs first before turining up the gain but buy another type X u can find them off of ebay for around $220 brand new just type in search field alpine type X. I got 2 10's and they sound hella good but iam watching how much power iam putin to them cause they are new gota be very careful with new subs

Post Number: 9
yea i did that but i guess not long enough, i got all cocky and cranked it after a few weeks not to full power but more tehn needed obviously since one blew, and i got tehm on ebay so no warranty but i might just purchase another type X or a different sub or maybe even 2 more? SUGGESTIONS

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8588
im thinking u have a stock electrical system which caused clipping & killed 1 of ur subs ......

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 935
a stock e system witht the 2500d? haha that doesnt make any sense. haha

Post Number: 10
so what should i do?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1109
upgrade your charging system before running that amp again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us