Home audio in car?

Bronze Member
Username: Volsrule2069

Post Number: 91
alright so my front 2 speakers are blown, and i ahe a 1986 grand prix, so its old and the dashboard is built kinda like a cobalt if u no what they are like in the way that the whole dammn thing is one piece. the entiiire thing, so its about impossible to get to the front speakers, over $100 to install alone.

so i wanna put in a pair of bose acoustimass home theater speakers, there 100w rms, so it good?

Bronze Member
Username: Subwoofaz_rock

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 38
that means your usin 8 ohm speakers wen ur reciever sends out 4 ohm dont do this u will dammage your speakers

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 200
You will not damage your speakers, if the speakers are 8 ohm they will only recieve about half the power off your deck or amp. most after-market decks are centered around 16-18 watts rms so you would only be putting about 8-9 watts through those speakers. if it's an original deck it will be even less

Bronze Member
Username: Volsrule2069

Post Number: 92
so nothing will be damaged, it just wont be powerd as much?

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 205
I really can't see how it would do any damage but I'm not sure it would sound very good either.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 114
heres what happened to me....my subs blew so i figured i wanted some bass right? go and unhook the sony subwoofer from my home entertainment center and hook it up to the amp like you would a regular sub well when i turned the volume on like 5 it started smoking..lets just say it doesnt work on the home entertainment system now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us