15 inch orion H2 on memphis 1000D amp?

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 164
Alright here the deal, i have heard great things about orion H2 subs and i want to buy one but my amp is only rated at 1100 watts rms at 1 ohm. The sub is rated at 2000 wrms but i know many subs will reach full potential off much less power, will this one? Any other suggestions on 1 15 inch sub that would be better choice would be helpful too.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1177
nope orion h2 its a power hungry subs to make them move ull need 2.5k rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
Why would the specs straight from orion say 2000 then?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1178
cuz its underated..

underated means that they need or can take more abuse

overated means the woofer rms is wrong it will clip with that rms or sound bad

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1179
alot of good company will underrate their products just like my 18 inch sx it 1k rms and i was givin it 1.5k rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
Alright what sub would you recommend then? But i have heard H2s at 2000 or even slightly less and they sound fine so i think your wrong.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1181
ok if u said im wrong thats your ponit i heard alot of orion and with 2.5 rms they move so damnnn good that sometimes i want to buy them,i said go with soundssplinter rl-p 12's or if ur lookin for only one diamond audio d9, or for 1100 rms the perfect stand alone woofer will be sound splinter rl-s in a large sealed enclousure the bad thing is that woofer is only a single 4 ohm woofer

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 286
I got a h2 ran off a 2500d and it sounds great. My buddy had one ran off his old PG amp though and he said he was only pushing around 1200-1300rms and it still sounded great, not as loud as mine but still hit good.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1182
yup orion with 2.5 rms it sounds great

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
Alright well i dont have that so i need a sub that will work with my amp, i want 1 15 and it has to be a dual 2 ohm sub so i can run my amp at 1 ohm. What would you suggest?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1183
the perfect subwoofer will be a sx but right now that the prices went crazy it will be hard for you to get one they ran about 700 for my 18 inch, the woofer that can work for you it will be an arsenal from ascendant audio

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
the wattage on that arsenal sub is too low, any other suggestions? when will the havoc be out?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1192
the arsenal willl easily take those 1100 rms and that arsenal because its ascendant audio its underated so your good

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
i dont care how underated it is its not going to handle it, any other ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1912
the arsenal won't work, its dvc4ohm so unless you get 2 you'll only get a 2ohm load, just get the havoc and put it in a nice ported box im sure you'll be happy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
do you know when the havoc will be available?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1914
im pretty sure its allready out, i know some1 on this forum has one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
Well i was just on the ascendant audio site and it still says that its coming soon.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 905
call them, i talked to aa today and they said they haven't had the time to fully update their site. they might be in now.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 906
you could also try a memphis mojo, 1100w would be perfect for one and their 2ohm dvc.

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 462
H2's are pos, mine blew off of 1200 watts (clean, gain at only 1/2). It moved fine, sounded great, but couldn't handle a little T.I. at my max listening volume. O well, got an atomic ap/spl on the way, can't wait.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us