Need Help With Wiring

Username: Audio_newb

Post Number: 1
Sup guys,

I have 2 12's DVC 4o hms each, and i cant understand for the life of me how to read the wiring diagrams on most websites, cause most of the diagrams i looked at have 2 lines running to the amp does that mean 4 wires? or just 2, Im wanting to run my subs Parallel so i can run at 2 ohms stereo,right now i have them in series but i only have 2 wires running to my amp, does that mean its briged at 4 ohms? the wires are coming out of just one side of the box(its a bandpass box) Any nice site or help would be very much appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 288
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2 maybe this one is a little bit easier to understand

Post Number: 2
I dont understand the single lines running from the voice coils right now i have it in series and there are only 2 wires running from my setup to my amp, i have it setup in series but i dont know what would be better, cause i think i messed up my amp cause the guy that did mine completely didnt use 2 of my voice coils, i dont know what impendence it was running at, so im trying to wire it the right way but those diagrams arent that helpful to me, right now my subs go in one circle coming out of one side of the box.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 167
I'd say the problem you're having with all the websites is that you're looking at how to wire the subs together. If I'm understanding you right, you want to wire EACH sub down to 2 Ohm and then I assume run them to seperate channels on your amp so you can run them both at 2 ohms. If that is correct, you need to look at how to wire a single DVC 4 ohm sub and then duplicate that because technically you're not wiring your subs together, your running two seperate subs, just in the same box. If you wire them together you end up with 2 wires, if you run them seperate from eachother (as is seems you want to) you'd end up with 4, a positive and negative wire from each sub. Think of them as compltely seperate from eachother, two subs, each wired in parallel running to the same amp.

Post Number: 3
that helped me a whole lot i thank you very much. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us