Front door speakers, Recmendation

Bronze Member
Username: Bmage29

IA USA

Post Number: 12
Something happened to my previous post, don't know what though. ANYWAYS...

My current speakers are about shot, and I need new ones. I got a comparison from crutchfield.com and need some more opinions. Also is sony any good since it's so cheap?

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/prodcomp.asp?g=51800&compareite ms=500SPS130A&compareitems=158XSV1342&compareitems=130TSA1371&compareitems=500SP S13C2&compareitems=109GTO527&compareitems=113KFC1390&hidesimilar=y

I want the speakers to merely replace my factory ones, without adding an extra amp or extra wiring. Crutchfield says they send addaptors for factory settings.

Recommendations would be appreciated.

ALSO NOT SPENDING OVER $100 for speakers, I might replace my rear speakers, but they are still in fairly good shape.

Bronze Member

IA USA

Post Number: 13
P.S. also, when searching the site, I used the "Find what fits my car feature" for reference.

These are all 5 1/4 in. speakers

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2122
Alpine Type S are nice coaxial replacements. Boston Acoustics also makes some nice Coaxials.

Bronze Member

IA USA

Post Number: 18
Thanks, anyone else. Would like to get as many opinions as possible!

Username: Muchlouderthanu

USA

Post Number: 2
If you want to get an amazing pair of speakers go with the MB Quart Q series line. Either the QSDs or the QSCs. I just got the QSDs and they are the best speaker you can get on the market right now other than Focal. I has the alpine type Rs before these and the MB Quarts blow them out of the water.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 326
alpine type s

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 87
Of the ones in your comparison I'd also go with the Type S, but you may also want to think about a set of Polk db525's. They're $89.99 on Crutchfield and you can get them cheaper on ebay (here is an auction going on now). I run the component version (db5250) and am very happy with them.

Keep in mind though that we can give you all the advice in the world, but the best thing to do is go out and listen for yourself. I listened to the Type S as well as many others (Infinity, MTX, Pioneer, Kenwood) and settled on the Polk speakers simply based on my personal preference. You're not going to find a lot of tangible difference in terms of quality and materials if you stick to major brands in a similar price range, so it comes down to which ones sound best to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us