Perfect's VS CVR

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_paul

Watkins, MN United States

Post Number: 45
ok as of right now i have 2 Kicker CVR 15" and i was wondering if the INfinity PerfectsD VQ's would be louder ( 2 12") i already know they sound better but are they louder? they would be run of a kicker 1200.1
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Kicker_kyle

Post Number: 14
probably not because your lossing cone area and I think the infinity is more of an sq driver where the cvr is more of an spl sub.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 737
You are comparing 2 12"s to 2 15"s. No, i do not think the infinities will be louder then the CVRs. 3 might be, but that might not work out with your amp.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 182
no, even 3 12's aren't as loud, someone did the math on a different thread...

Bronze Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 30
that doesnt mean anything except that one has more surface area. so you mean to tell me that two 15" pyramid subs will be louder than two or better yet three 12" re mt subs. Remember that there is alot more than surface area that makes a loud sub.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2387
guys...umm...heres an update lol.
---SURFACE AREA IS NOT THE DECIDING FACTOR----

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 740
If we were comparing a 15 in cvr against a 12 in cvr, and both had the same sensitivity and x-max, then the 15 would obviously be louder due to the increase in surface area. Even tho 3 12 in perfects have less surface area then 2 15 in cvrs, they do have a higher sensitivity. I don't know about x-max, but it would be close.

Bronze Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 81
hmm i guess ill go buy me 2 12" sony xplods because they will be louder than 2 10w7

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 741
Surface area is only a small part of the desiding factor.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1487
^^^^true........however, those infinities are super sweet subs, but it won't get louder than what you have
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us