Ears hurting from the popping/crackling pressure feeling.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 668
Before I even ask, yes I know there are tons of variables and everybody's ears are different and blah blah blah (hopefully this will avoid all the stupid posts and jackass posts, well OK a few jackass posts never hurt anyone ;) )...

Approximately how many decibles does it take for the average person's ears to start feeling that painful pressure/popping sensation. Personal experience would be helpful, such as "my ears hurt bad at half volume and my system metered at 145 db's" or anything along those lines, that I can use to draw an intelligent conclusion.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 215
is your box tuned low cause low tuned boxes will hurt ur ears an if u got some insame dbs it will hurt 2

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2730
well...i road around in a suburban that does 151+ at 35hz all weekend alil while back.

and i will say...that kinda hurt, lmao.

8 L7 12's on about 5000wrms.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 875
Stop being a Puzzie, it will eventually go away, lol. DON'T ACT LIKE LILROB, LOL. Polo.. :-O

Upload

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 673
Actually I believe high tuned boxes will hurt your ears much more, as the pressure popping feeling is essentially the same pressure that scores high on a mic.

So I assume 150 db's would feel like the pressure was burrowing all the way down your ear canal and into your brain. (I heard 2 15's in a small hatchback that immediately made me feel like I wanted to get out of the car and save my hearing before it was too late!! Anyone with a system louder than that is insane! Do you drive around with earplugs? DAMN!)

Basically, my system hurts my ears with that sensation when I turn it up, and I am curious as to how many db's I may be putting out. There has to be some correlation between human ears hurting and db's, and maybe one of you experts can shed some light on this for me.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 411
i think i heard somewhere that at about 130 dB is where the threshold for pain begins.

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 674
LOL Polo, that picture is Nasty!...
"it will eventually go away" - Right, but that is your hearing "going away"... haha, Something I want to avoid..

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5498
Any sound over 115db will start degrading your hearing for good.
If hearing isn't an important option in the future, then keep listening to 145db sounds.

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 677
Right I know that Isaac, but any idea what db level that painful popping starts to be felt at? Assuming virgin ears (not some dude who has been rocking 2 15's for years).

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 678
Thanks SW, anyone else read anything that can support/deny 130 dbs is where the pain starts?

Keep in mind I mean immediate pain, not permanent damage.

This seems like a topic that doesn't have much documentation on it..

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1337
like looking onto a bright light (not the sut) your eyes adjust to it so be able to see, your ears eventually adjust to the loud noise so "it will eventually go away" is true, but it might take a while as for your hearing going away i think thats LONG turm exposure to the loud noise I.E. hours on end every day
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us