Kicker solobaric 15 inch

Bronze Member
Username: Mygame5982

Houston, Texas Us

Post Number: 20
on this website i found they are selling kicker solobaric 15 inch for 200 dollars. If i get 2 is that a good deal, if so what amp should i get?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 742
which solobarics? the L7 or the L5?

Bronze Member
Username: Mygame5982

Houston, Texas Us

Post Number: 21
solobaric L7

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 464
Brand new oe refurb?

My friend got a refurb 15" L7 for $320 Canadian (after shipping and customs)

so either way thats a pretty good deal.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 743
If you like Kicker then you might look into the cvx as well. I've heard that they get just as loud as the L7 and sound better. I had 2 15" L7's and I didn't like the way they sounded. They got loud though. I tried ported and sealed. Sealed sounded better, but not good enough. Something to think about. Plus that L7 is going to want 1000 watts rms.

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 19
Kickers, especially L7's, sound better in a ported box! The CVX is just the newer version of the OLD SKOOL Round Solo-Baric... They are about equal in sound, BUT! the CVX lacks MASS ( Since it's circle ). L5s are killer in a sealed box though! And yes, if you get 2... you will need ATLEAST 1500-2500watts, or an amp that pushs 2000 watts rms! Even though the rated rms is 1000, technically that can hold 1300-1500! NEVER GET A REFURBISHED KICKER!...

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 744
i wouldn't get the new kickers. i blew two 15" l7's with the kx 2500.1 in one day. tinsel leads coming loose can be a problem too. I wouldn't go over 2000 watts rms on them. in fact 1500 would be perfect. i ran mine off of a 1500 watt mtx with no problems except tinsel lead coming off. i resoldered it and it worked fine until i got the kx 2500.1 . awesome amp!!

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 41
06 Kickers are not what it do!... 05 and down... You have to break Kickers in!... What did you expect... you're KX2500.1 needs to be about 15% up not more than 20%... Of course you were goin' to blow them! The vc's weren't even warmed up or broke in!

Kicker recommends 1 WHOLE MONTH before you blast away...

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 749
i had them for about 4 months before they blew. they were plenty broke in.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1768
hell from what ive heard from the team KICKER, is that the newer kicker l7s are stronger than the older ones, not the other way around....

the new ones handle a little more power, and were harder to blow.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 83
i got a OLD SKOOL Round Solo-Baric 10 hooked up in my house i dont know any specs on it though i havent got the number for it on me cuz im at school its round and black with the solo baric logo in the middle but for about some shitty power goin to it(im guessin like around 50 watts or less....laughable) it thumps in my room and plus i got a oversized sealed box and i dont think it helps(its shitty made for 2 with no divider, but it was free)

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 48
Actually the OLD SKOOL Kicker SOLO-BARICs hit... They can't take as much, but they'll still get the job done!

The Aluminum, Chrome-like Solo-baric ( 04-05 ) is better than the 06 Solo ( Black & Silver )... They take the same amount of wattage, same specs... It's just something about the 06 model, you can't bang it as hard!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
they do hit pretty hard ive had it on an amp before it thumps pretty hard for an old 10 thats been ragged on

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
i was lookin around an audio shop near my house and i knew this guy that worked here and i showed him it and he was like "holy sh1t no way i havent seen one of these in ages they fluckin thumped hard back in the day get up with me if you ever wanna get rid of it"

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 52
It's rare!.. Those are the kind of subs you put in a OLD SKOOL Car, and just moderately beat... Not to hard, not to soft...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
yea he said it was rare but i only have one 10 so you cant do much with it really thats why i got it in my room for now

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 63
you can do ALOT w/ that (1) 10...

Get a flashy box built for it, and an OLD-SKOOL kicker amp * ALL BLACK ONE! w/ nothing on it * ... And SELL it for $350-$500...

OR

Do everything above, except sell it.. and show it OFF! * Just make sure it's nice and clean!

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 759
i meant the last l7 model '04 or '05 whatever they were not the '06

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 65
Well, I have the '05 Model.. And they haven't blown on me yet!.. and I know i'm overpowering them by 450+ watts

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 760
check out this thread in speakers:
Thread: Whats the loudest SPL 15" sub below $300? L7?

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 761
no wait i meant:
SoloX vs JL W7
or something like that

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1395
the round solo barlics are badass subs, very good sq, aren't the loudest thing around though, and L7's suck imo, they get loud, but the sq is horrible, and every1 that i know that has owned one blew it, or broke the tinsel leads at least once.

Username: Shman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2
idk where you heard that L7's suck, but i know that i have my 10"L7 running off an Audiobahn A8000t (400 watts overpowered), cause i got it cheap, and its been playin like a champ for about 3-4 months...

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 71
FINALLY!!! Someone that knows that L7s don't suck! Archie Clark, you are on my A+ List!

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
you can do ALOT w/ that (1) 10...

Get a flashy box built for it, and an OLD-SKOOL kicker amp * ALL BLACK ONE! w/ nothing on it * ... And SELL it for $350-$500...

OR

Do everything above, except sell it.. and show it OFF! * Just make sure it's nice and clean!

the subs not in the best condition(its been around the block although fully functional) ill try and take some pics of it sometime and see if i can upload em on here at school

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 208
what do you think of a 12 L5 for only 94 bucks or one L7 for only 134

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 72
James - That'll be kool!...

Juliob - L7 is always a better buy, BUT it's all about your budget...

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 772
you get what you pay for.

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 73
^^^ Agrees!...

Bronze Member
Username: Shman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 13
where did u find those subs for so cheap? refurb? if so, STAY AWAY FROM REFURBS!!!

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 203
price prolly before shipping

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 77
and everyone knows that SHIPPING is a B!TCH

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums