Configurations...

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1178
ok, the kid that wired my audiobahns only wired like 1 full voice coil, then half of the other, on both subs, could this be affecting my sound, or should i leave it alone.

On each sub there are 4+ and 4- he wired 6 total on each woofer should i rewire them?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6619
ur subs r QUAD (4) VC ???.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1179
they are DVC 4 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6622
u sure cause above u said

"""On each sub there are 4+ and 4-""" which implies 2 me that a quad coil sub ...

post model no ..........

Gold Member

Post Number: 1181
they are audiobahn aw1206. i thought that too, but on the site it said dvc 4 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2433
um...yea...

what DCR load are you trying to get? (ohms)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1182
they are running at 1 ohm, suposibly, if they are QVC, idk what they are running at, but as of right now that i know of, they are wired for 2 DVC 4 ohm subs wired for a 1 ohm load. i desided to listen to the subs up close and i heard this like EEEEEErrEEEEE noise but only when it hits a certin frequensy, it sounded like a scratching noise, but i took the sub out looked at the wireing and it was really wired. could i be clipping my sub? i know im working my amp, im pushing all 1600 watts and they are both 1100 RMS each

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2434
aw1206t's are DVC 4ohms subs...i installed a pair in a friends truck awhile back. the just have 2+ and 2- for each VC for ease of wiring.

wire them in parrallel:

all - to amp -...all + to amp +
(you just have to use 1+ and 1- from each VC)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1183
are you sure dude, becaue each side of the sub has 2- and 2+'s... this is how he wired them...

on one side of the subs he brote one wire - and + so there was a - and + left then put it to the other sid to the - and + then had ther other - and + and wired that to the sub, and did that to each sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 1188
is how he wired it bad, or should i leave it alone?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2439
http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/tech/wiring/parallel_parallel_dual_4 .pdf

^^^wire it like that^^^

Gold Member

Post Number: 1190
its not letting me see the pic, it says no preview avaliable

Bronze Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 48
There is just 2 speaker wire terminals on each side to make it easier to wire they are only DVC just have 2 terminals per coil
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us