Newbie help

Bronze Member
Username: Kingjames

OH USA

Post Number: 33
hey watsup guysim gettin a 01 grand prix and finally got some trunk space so was wondering what i should get, got like 1000-1200 im thinkin like 2 15's or maybe just one tight 15 like the new xxx btu not really sure, i want bangin spl but that wouldnt sound like pure crap ( no not getting audiobahn lol) and what all id need, dunno if id need like a new alternator or other stuff like that, any suggestions would help thaks

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6623
get 2 of these http://ascendantaudio.com/havoc_page.html

2 really good amps & a good pair of industrial strenght earplugs .

if u get these ^^ then 4 sure u will need a HO alt ....

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 34
what kind of amps? and how much does an HO alt cost, and what does HO stand for lol

Bronze Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 53
HO alt=high output alternator

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6628
if on a tight budget u can buy 2 Hifonics 2005D amps - about $300 each ......

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 35
dang thats already gettin on the expensive side, how much would an HO alt cost?

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 36
well anyother opionions? if i got just one hAvoc with a good amp will it sound near the same?

Bronze Member

Ct.

Post Number: 55
it'll definately be better than probably anyone else around you, but not the same as if you had two of them.

you can find links to alt. stores in other threads and then you can get price quotes from the companies, but guessing figure about $200-600 for an ho alt. depending on your need/car (but don't hold me to that, others here are better informed than me).

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 37
so whatd be the hardest hittin 15? or would 2 awsome 12's be better. because id sure like to keep it under 1k if possible but will go up to 1200 if neccesary and if i just had one bada$$ 15 would i need a HO alt?

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 39
so do u think 1 bada$$ 15 would sound better than 2 12's? and with the 15 get a awsomne amp, and would i need a HO alt with 1 15?

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 138
check ebay for an ho alt. prolly 250-300 amp alt should be good enough for 3000 rms.

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 41
whoops didnt show it posted at first

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 139
no personal experience, but i hear that si mags get really loud and keep good SQ.

Bronze Member

Ct.

Post Number: 57
just get two of these:

http://ascendantaudio.com/arsenal12specs.html

and two good 750-850wrms amps, and they should be good and loud enough for you

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 42
so would 2 12 arsenals or 1 15 havoc be louder, and if i got the havoc woukd i need a HO alt?

Bronze Member

Ct.

Post Number: 59
the two 12"s should be louder just because of more surface area. i haven't heard the havocs around were i live but from what i heard they are really nice and i'm thinking of getting two for my next car.

i've heard the arsenals and assasins and they both sound great. personally i like the two sub setup so i'd probably go with the 2 arsenals, but if you have the room and $ def. get two havocs.

getting a ho alt. depends on how good your alt. is, but its's safe to say you'd need one, just get one bigger than what you need so you have room to play with if you want to upgrade your system later on.

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 43
well i was thinking of getting a havoc and amp now keep it till i get some more money then buying another havoc another amp and a HO alt, does that sound like a goos idea, or would i need an HO alt with one havoc and an amp?

Bronze Member

Ct.

Post Number: 60
i would get a large enough ho alt. and the one havoc and amp and add the other sub/amp later.

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 44
but u think i could run the havoc without th ho alt for a while?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us