Box help

Bronze Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 39
Are these plans right for two jl audio 10wo subwoofers i entered all the subs qts vas ect. and it game me these plans but its gonna be tunned to 28hz isnat that a little low for two 10" subs I mostly listen to rap music i was thinking of tuning it to somewhere around 38hz.
http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/ported-box.asp?Ew=30&Eh=12&Dia=4&Xmax=8.6&Vd=1. 2&NumW=2&Vb=&Fb=&Qts=0.400&Vas=2.45&Fs=24.2&CE=1.5

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 72
your driver displacement is to large it should be

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 197
Your driver displacement numbers are way off, that's why ur box is so huge and deep.

This is what it should look like with ur current tuning and cu ft settings, but with the DD number fixed: http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/ported-box.asp?Ew=30&Eh=12&Dia=4&Xmax=8.6&Vd=.0 5&NumW=2&Vb=&Fb=&Qts=0.400&Vas=2.45&Fs=24.2&CE=1.5

Bronze Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 40
hey thanks alot guys im new to building boxes so i am gonna attemp to build one an the dimensions that it shows me on there could i just take them to home depot and have them cut the pieces for me so i can put it together easily?. So i should go with the link that you posted lewass but how come the port is only 1.25 inches isnt that a lil small. And is 28hz too low foe these 10" subs?

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 207
Well, Marshall is a really experienced box builder and he recommended I tune my 3 10's box to 32 Hz instead of 35 hz that I am doing. I believe it just comes to personal preference.

As for the port only being 1.25 inches, that all has to do with what frequency it is tuned at. If you raise the tuning freq the port will get wider.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us