Mtx 9500

Bronze Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 23
They are pretty nice right??? I know they sell for like 400 bux (12''s) and are 1000w rms, they have one in a ported box at a local pawn shop and i don't think they know what they are sitting on. Will this sub be as loud as 2 type r's/cvx's???

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5172
no, its an sql sub, plus its mtx (there not very good)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5175
but then again how much is it at the pawn shop

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 591
From what I heard thats a pretty nice sub. I haven't actually heard one, butI've heard people sware on them. I would go ahead and get it if I was you. They are supposed to have a really high xmax so it should really put out some bass.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I don't know a lot of that shops amps are overpriced so it might be overpriced. I just saw it and checked the sub out on ebay, sells for about 400 shipped so i figured it had to be decent. I haven't really heard mtx's before but i have never really been interested in them, if its a good price and works i might pick it up and try to sell it, it was in a ported box that looked pretty nice. I might buy it if the price is right and try it if i don't like it i can prolly sell it for at least what i paid for it. I am looking for sql though i want something that sounds decent, and i'm pretty sure 1000 watts rms will satisfy me considering thats just short of triple what i'm running know :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 74
The price is'nt right. If your going to go MTX, I'd say you go one step down. Get the 8500's. Getting 2 12's would cost you more around $450 and its still loud with 600 watts rms and a .85" xmax (compared to a single 9500 with 1000 watts rms and 1" xmax.) You could even get one 15" 8500 for about $250 a piece. But for that price I'd definitely go with something more like an RE SX....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
However i think i can get this 9500 dirt cheap and it would save space. If i can't get it as cheap as i think i prolly will go with and sx or pair or pair of se's any ways, it'll all depend on the price which i don't know yet.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1553
the 9500's are nice sounding subs ... way overpriced though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Yah i am guessing they are overpriced, i would never pay 400 for one but if i can get it for like 200 in teh box i don't really see how i could be dissapointed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Lol their site says something to the effect of "the 9500 destroys the jl w7 line in every area," It looks like a pretty decent speaker and would save me a lot of space, any more opinions?

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 408
first of all they used the 10" in that comparison. the mtx stays the same at 10" but the w7 gets better as the size goes up. the w7 will destroy the mtx in sq. i dont know about the spl though.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 166
the 9500 was MTX try at beating the W7 and it doesn't. The 9500 has a hard time keeping up with the W7 in terms of SQ. The 12W7 and 9500 were used in ED's subwoofer test and the W7 had better numbers than the 12 9500. When i heard the 9500 it sound just like another MTX sub. Lots of output but nothing else too special. If they try and label it a SQL or super woofer its the lowest one in the class. I'd spend my money on a Stereo Integriy Mag 12 thats beats a 12W7 instead of a 9500 that lost to a W7.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5221
^^Thank u soooo much, i think i posted something like that way ^^up there

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Okay he wants 350 for it and it's in the mtx sledghammer box so i'm guessing the box is tuned right for it. I am definatly not paying 350 for it, but if i could get it for like 275 do yo guys think it would be worth it???

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5253
nope, i would rather get a brand new alpine type x on ebay for like 200 and spend the rest on a nice box. If not that save ur money, dont buy it.. Also is it that premade circus city box???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
I'm not sure i think its the sledgehammer box or whatever, its ported and has a plastic front, they come with the sub premounted. Well, i guess i'll keep saving and get some se's or sumptin, thx for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1016
the sledgehammer box is made by MTX.
i don't like the 9500's, yeah they are loud, but seriously lack SQ and sound kinda floppy to me. i say save your money and get something better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us