Why can I not sound deaden my car?

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 872
It is still rattling like crazy. Mainly just the trunk (I have a Mitsubishi Lancer with 2 RE12's and 500rms total to them). I have 2 layers of the eDead v2 lining my trunk lid and it still vibrates like a mofo. Thing is, I didn't use one of those rolly things to press it down so some might not be ALL the way on but instead most of the way on. I also have to use some of that spray on glue stuff to get certain parts to stick. What can I do to fix the rattling problem? I guess I might order another 30sq. feet.

Anonymous

Is it the metal of the trunk vibrating or the actual trunk vibrating against the rest of the car?

Bronze Member
Username: Celica150db

Australia

Post Number: 43
got an idea!

turn up the volume and check to see that its not the number plate or anythink else outside the car!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1310
hate to tell you, your not going to get all rattling out.... unless you take the subs out....

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 45
^^^^could you not get all your rattle's out???

you should never give up!!
didn't your mum tell you that??

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 501
my car better not rattle i did the whole car in fat mat trunk lid, trunk, floor, roof, sides an doors an its all on the metal cause i used the roller hope it dosnt rattle iam goin 2 test it when i get the trunk done

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 49
^^^^^
alright we have someone that dont quite!

nice to see!

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 564
well i have my trunk fully lined w/ dynamat extreme and some spots 2 and 3 layers and my trunk doesn't rattle that much unless i turn it up really loud and i have 3 jl 12w3v2's. I used to have a lancer and i lined the trunk lid w/ dynamat extreme and then the tire well and trunk floor w/ original dynamat and the sides w/ extreme and my trunk didn't rattle that much and in the lancer i had 2 10's and a 15. maybe some of this other sound deadening stuff doesn't work as good as dynamat. just my thoughts

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 107
you need to deaden the entire trunk, sidewalls, speare tirewell. Pull up the carpet and deaded any metal you see.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 518
i hear that fat mat is just the same as dynamat but cheaper

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2032
2 words:

---expanding foam---

nuff said.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10887
the mat will (when applied properly) reduce the resonance inside the trunk. It won't stop the sheet metal outside from resonating though. Also if you only did the trunk lid, you still have the whole rest of the trunk to resonate as well.
expanding spray foam and products like "Sludge" do wonders to help reduce resonance in areas you can't easily mat.

It's just a matter of thoroughly deadening everything you can.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4548
glasswolf would lining the whole trunk in wood airtight work just as well im curious what you think the trunk lid would be lined too

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10893
no.
the metal will still resonate.
you need to actually alter the sympathetic frequency of the metal, and you only do that by altering the density or constitution of the material.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 522
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 523
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4559
nice work scott

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 524
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 525
tolk a month so far but i havnt been doin it every day tho an its cold an it sucks lol so u think my bass b nice lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4560
should definately help the sound quality and hopefully spl

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 529
u think about 3db cause ppl say if u use sound dampin u can gain atlease 3db an 2day i think iam goin 2 get the cars fre. of a 93 firebird hatchbac got the cd seald box an amp think iam goin 2 have 2 sit the box on the flod down set facin the bac so if u get on aim im me casue i might need a lil more help

Gold Member

Post Number: 4564
it might but not all cars gain 3 db

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 530
b4 i did this all i threw in a 30hz portd box an the only thing that rattle was the trunk lid but not that much
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us