SQ System

Bronze Member
Username: 225

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 48
I'm in the process of redoing my whole sytem to be more SQ oriented. I will be going from two alpine type Rs to two 10s. I like the sound of the R's but i dont need that much power or loudness. I also listen mainly to rock. I will be powering the new subs with a DEI 1100d that puts out i think 400 or 500 at 4 ohms, 800rms at 2 ohms, and 1100rms at 1 ohm. So my choices for the sq subs are:

(2) JL 10w3v2
(2) IDQ 10D4 v2
(2) ID10v3 d4
(1) IDMAX10-D2
(2) Infinity Kappa 10.1
(1) Diamond Audio d6
(all of these are in my price range between 200-350)

I want super tight subs that can keep up with double bass and that sound clean. I dont need them to be super loud or be able to hit really low. Just clean tight sound.

So what would be your choice and why?

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 803
1 Treo SSI 10. I would get the dual 2ohm and hook your amp up to 1ohm config. The sound quality will be excellent, and plenty loud in sealed or ported box. Its rated 750 rms, but will take that whole amp. http://www.treoonline.com/ssi.html

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 804
Bump...
It will hit insanely low also.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4430
i have a used image dynamics id 12 im selling too if your intrested....50 bucks plus shipping

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 805
sean whats the rms on that sub? thats cheap.

Bronze Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 54
two dayton mkIII 12s would be nice

Anonymous

I don't get it, why does everyone keep saying "bump" by their posts? Who or what is bump?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 508
1 10' treo ssi or the IDmax 10'. both are amazing woofers.

Bronze Member

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 49
maybe i shouldnt have put the idmax in there, because i really dont think that i need that much power, like i said i have two R's right now and they are too overpowering so i am looking at around 600 rms maybe 700 tops.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 510
Why dont you just lower the bass on the type Rs? You could buy a new EQ and save some money.

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 44
Or... You could get some RE SE subs. Great sounding. You could get a single XXX if with the same amp and hit loud and have AMAZING SQ.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4789
IDMAX's will sound good with 500 watts. Also have u looked into JL Audio w6v2, those things have amazing sq and do not require alot of power

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5539
IDQ out of that list. Better SQ than the Max, just doesn't get as loud. W6v2 is also excellent. From your description, I think you'd really like the SEAS Lotus subs, too.

Bronze Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 58
Stereo Integrity Mag 12 would be my choice but you'll need 700-900rms on it and your amp has to handle a 1 or a 4ohm load and give it 700-900rms. Seas is good. I'd still get the Dayton MKIII or Reference HO sub, i think you can get two MKIII for 300$ pair and the Reference HO for about 250$ for pair. Those will sound quite nice and give good amount of output. Also if you like a easy blending sub with a good high end extension, the ED Ov.2 or SS RL-p will do well. But first vote , SI Mag 12 D2 then Dayton MKIII Titanic 12's.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4434
350 to 400 rms b I cant find the specs for sure but I know its one of those two. It's a dual 4 ohm 12 id 12 v2.

Silver Member
Username: Kwrubel21

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 207
is RE still offering the old XXX for around 350?

Bronze Member

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 50
another question.

To have a balanced soundstage where my front speakers will blend perfectly with the sub what rms rating should the sub be if my front speakers are 75 rms?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 909
that depends on a ton of factors including drivers, speaker placement, type of enclosure, your ride, and plenty more stuff too. Thats why they make EQs.

Bronze Member

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 51
okay well how about this...if i have my speakers playing at maximun volume, would a 300 watt rms sealed subwoofer be loud enough to mix with my speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us