James Longo please read this

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1930
james i see that you have an avalanche sub. how do they perform at higher frequencies. would i get a good transition from bass to mid with a couple of those subs. well actually i was thinking of getting the arsenals and i figure they should be about the same right?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1554
avalanches use the XBL^2...they arent supposed 2 do to well up higher.
supposed to roll off around like 60Hz but PWN AT LOW lol.
arsenals supposed 2 drop just a little bit lower and be same up high

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1937
ok thanks whatever your name is lol. is that you dan the man or is it someone else. anyways that is what i wanted to know so thank you.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1556
yea dan the man lol... my old name wus boring

Anonymous

no its dan the f@g remember suck a d1ck Suck a D1ck suck a d1ck lol that was hilarious how you got youself in that mix up roffl

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4100
"avalanches use the XBL^2...they arent supposed 2 do to well up higher.
supposed to roll off around like 60Hz but PWN AT LOW lol.
arsenals supposed 2 drop just a little bit lower and be same up high"

XBL^2 has nothing to do with why the avalanches don't perform as well up high.

Chad, I also have an Avalanche. As you've probably heard, yes they destroy all other subs down-low. They are lacking in the higher end, and it is noticable when compared to other subs, but if you have a good component set or midbass drivers that cna extend down low you won't have a problem.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4599
I agree with Joe they do tend to lack the punch of the upper hz region but they have excellent SQ and the low end is down right outstanding!:-) I wouldnt expect the arsenals to compare to the ava based on its specs but I really hope I am disproved!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1949
well monday i think i am going to order a pair of arsenals. i currently 2 type xs on 2 jl audio 1000/1. do you think the arsenals will own the type x in sq and spl?

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1122
If the Arsenals sound as good (hopefully better) as the Assassins, then I'd say yes. I'm pleased with the Assassins, but I think their upper range as well lacks. I tweaked my subsonic filter, and it made it a lot better sounding.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1953
i like to listen to a lot of rock music. some good rock muscic have awesome bass line that you can hear clearly on your subs. i don't want to lose that sound. if the arsenals are more hip hop music oriented then i would have to think about it.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4603
I wish I could tell you for sure what they would sound like chad but I have never heard them. I listen to everything from talk radio, to country, to linkin park, to eminem, to nwa so I loved the ava in that application but me personally I am going to run ID max in my new system. I hope AA can hold up to par with their OG subs but they changed the entire set up, no more xblinstead of 2 coils and one gap they went with 2 gaps and one coil. On paper I am not that impressed but from what Chad has told me I hope I am suprised.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 299
Tyler, what is your amps subsonic filter at?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4618
its prob not he is running a sealed enclosure no need for a subsonic!

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2911
James, ID MAX 12 is my next sub also. I have it on order with cardomain but its on backorder for now. Are you going sealed or ported and what amp are you using to it ?

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1161
Matt, here's the deal, turns out I set the SS Filter lol. I needed to tweak the LPF lol. I messed with the wrong setting last night, so I corrected it today. So I killed the SS Filter and just adjusted the gain/LPF appropriately.

NOW it sounds good and very loud. I'm extremely pleased...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us