Check out new pics!

Username: Blue_tornado_1

Woodbridge, VA

Post Number: 2
Had setup with 4-15" L7's sealed, changed to 2 L7's in a 12 cubic foot slot/ported. First time I've ever built a box - box is tuned to 33 Hz. Put the strobe lights in for effect. Starting on a box for 4 Kickers in slot/port box - any suggestions on port placement? Kickers facing forward, 10 inches behind front seat in an '03 Blazer.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1344
nice box dude...id carpet it and turn the box to face teh back

Woodbridge, VA

Post Number: 3
Was rushed to hear what it sounded like, just put it in. Sealed box that had 4 Kickers were facing the back originally, but the reverb from the subs wore out the latch on my glass window and broke it - had to replace it and now facing the front until I figure something out for the latch.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4198
looks good , but how do think it sounds ?

i'd use some black carpet so enhance those lights u put in .

Also try experimenting by flipping that box over so that the ports are now @ the bottom so u will hear if that makes it sound any better .......

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 443
thats nice man get some more when u get it covered

Woodbridge, VA

Post Number: 4
just threw it n 2 hear it. plan next is 2 carpet it. went yesterday 2 local shop and hit 149.2 with this set up.I will post pics of my other box which was 4 n a sealed and i only hit 147.4 big diff.ya i sat n there during testing wow!!!! just started ported box 4 all 4 cant wait

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4205
if thats on a good mic then wow -

going by the margin gain of 3db/sub then u should be around 155db on all 4 subs .........

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 377
im workin on my 1st box as well right now, my pops threw out the idea about this fleck paint. instead of using carpet to cover it, he thought the paint he uses (for taxidermy purposes) might act as a protectact because when it drys its like adding a thin coat over the wood. any thoughts on this? were gonna paint some scrap wood to see how it comes out, ill post some pics if someone can give me a link to show me how to do so

Bronze Member
Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 61
Hey ryan, if it works like a hardener than that will help. Don't know how it would look. RE recomended me to use fiber glass resin when doing my box on the inside. Give's strength to the wood and fight's flexing. Might look pretty good?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 379
redbone, do you mean just painting some fiberglass reson on the inside of the entire box, almost acting like polyfil in a way? my pops has tons of that stuff being that he's big into taxidermy. he also said the fleck paint would look very similar to the black/grey carpet that most boxes are covered with. after i put some on a piece of scrap wood ill post some pics.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us