Whats better? The Alpine Type-R or the Type-X?

Username: Grendelendel

Post Number: 5
which would have more bass? 2 15in type r or 2 12in type x subs? i currently want the type x but im not sure if the 15in type r would out perform the type x

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 287
x

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 415
I'm thinkin that the 2 type R's may have a fair bit of bass. They are 15"s which mean they will move more air than the 12's. Not sure tho how they will stand up compared to the X's.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1277
for deep bass i would say the 15" type Rs would be better but sq and sql i would go with the type x only if they were properly powered.

j rock
Unregistered guest
ive always thought that r's were louder than x

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3642
15" Rs are = 750wrms

12" X = 1000wrms

so even though the 15 has it on cone area - IMO i'd give the slight nod to the X in overall loudness .......

j rock
Unregistered guest
would 4 re re12 be louder than two type-r 12

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3644
not sure , i'd guess prolly come close but i'd choose 2 Rs if were me because why bother using 4 subs when 2 could = it & both combos would costs about the same ......

j rock
Unregistered guest
i wanna make a nice looking setup i have all the space for them

which would win in sq and spl

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3645
do register will u ...

i'd buy a single 15" RE SX & that'll (in a properly ported box) kill all 4 12s & would look even more impressive when u pop the trunk & ppl eyes bug out when they see a single sub that can do 140+ DBs .......

j rock
Unregistered guest
i dont have the power to run another 400 watts and im just lookin for somethin around some type-r my car is gonna be mostly show im neons in a custom box ect

i have screens and 2 xboxs system link oh yea play against eachother on your own screen
but yea my car is all show

yea i like the type-r so if this is comparable too them that'll be great

Username: J_rock

Post Number: 1
post one

do u understand were im going with this

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3648
i thinking u realise that a RE re is = 175wrms but can safely handle 200/225 so 4 would = 800wrms & a SX = 1000wrms ,just 2oo above

but since its 4 show - i dig what u r going so i agree with the 4 cause it'll look good & i'm sure there r still alot of ppl out there who are not aware of RE's existance .

What amp r u gonna push those with ??? ......

Post Number: 2

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3650
Kicker amps are underrated meaning they do more than listed so that should be ok ......

Post Number: 3
yea i have it already birth sheat says 740
bought it from a freiend for 180

but would these be comparable to two type-r's

Username: Grendelendel

Post Number: 7
alright thanks guys i think im gonna go for the 2 type x 12in not only will it save space but itll they have a much cleaner look imo. even though i dont have any carbon fiber on my car it still looks damn cool. how hard is it to dynomat? im thinking its gonna be a pain to rip out the trunk panel cause i have a jeep and the window defrost, wiper and read sound bar crap is powered thru that trunk panel so i dunno if i wanna spend time to figure out how to remove it.

Silver Member
Username: Kirbdog22

New Bern, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 104
type X
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us