Help Me Find a Subwoofer Please

Unregistered guest
OK I have just recently started to build my own boxes and hey they are turning out great but, the boxes havent been for me. I have no system at the moment cause I sold it all cause it was crappy and now I'm looking for 2-12" or 2-15" subwoofers withing a 260-340 price range for a pair of woofers. Please tell me if this are any good and if not recomendations would be helpful. Thanks

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3166
or
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3168

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2463
are u looking for sq or spl

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3342
I remember Glasswolf saying that he finds JBL subs are mediocre - not too good not too bad but middle of the road ....

Bronze Member
Username: Swishblank88

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 29
is that budget just for the woofers? if it is I would go with these Perfects. I am a big infinity fan.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2932

these or a pair of alpine type "R"s off ebay...not to sound redundant. Depends on if you want SQ or SPL tho chauncey is right. If you can build a good ported box you could get some good SPL for that price.

Unregistered guest
Holy Snap, Thats one mighty fine subwoofer ya got there. Ya know what I think I just might get them. Thank you for bringing that to my attention and by the way what kinda amp will do for 2 of those?

Bronze Member

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 33
well they are about 350 rms a piece. they can easily handle 400 rms each though. Hmm what is your budget for an amp?

Unregistered guest
well what I was think is that I could use my friends 1200w sony xplod temporarily to power them while I save up for a really good amp. so is this a plan or should I not use his amp. Well Im lookin for something that will put out 1000wrms-1200wrms , this is why i want to save up

ReLOaDeD
Unregistered guest
well what I was think is that I could use my friends 1200w sony xplod temporarily to power them while I save up for a really good amp. so is this a plan or should I not use his amp. Well Im lookin for something that will put out 1000wrms-1200wrms , this is why i want to save up

Bronze Member

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 35
For about 200 bucks a Hifonics BX1205D might suit you good. It says it will put out 900 rms at 2 ohms, so if you wire your subs in parallel you should be set. Hifonics are a little overrated tho so your subs might see about 350-400 apiece, probably just what your looking for. Look on ebay and stuff, those amps are all over the place.

Bronze Member

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 36
whats the model on that sony? and careful with anything sony, it probably puts out like 400-600 watts depending on the model which wont suit those infinitys too well. The hifonics are a middle of the road amp that are pretty reliable, especially if you have them at 2 ohms. That amp will probably put out close to 1000rms at 1 ohm if you change your set up later. But for a really nice amp look at the orion 1200d. It will put out pretty much what it says it will, I think its like 1200 @ 1 ohm, 750 @ 2 ohms, and like 400 something at 4 ohms. Since youl have 2 4 ohm subs you will be at like 750 or so, which is perfect for those subs. That amp is very good but also quite expensive.

ReLOaDeD
Unregistered guest
so nick, could I find one at a car audio shop and get that hifonics ordered at the $200 price, or will I have to get it online used? right now im lookin around locally for a powerful amp that I can get my hands on for around $200. SO please help me out, your doing a good job so far. I really need an amp

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2539
If ur looking for powerful cheap, Hifonics, Cadence, and Audiobahn

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 162
alpine type rs,thats what i have and they hit hard.u can probly get it on ebay for about 260 shipped.(thats for two type rs)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1152
get the two type Rs with the hifonics bx1500d. it will sound nice and loud.

Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 6
hey reloaded, do you ever buy off ebay?

Anonymous

homer man

dude change that name - it sounds like H0M0 MAN !

no disrepect but ppl WILL give u hard time with that username .

Unregister & come back as Alex F as it says in your profile .

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 8
that acount got messed up, itried to change my email address and they suspended my acount. and then i count use alex farris anymore

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 9
iv been trying to get it back

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3415
u will get alot of flak 4 it so just click on 'Your Account' above & change it .........

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 10
there

Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 1
Hey well would I be able to run that hifonics at ohms by wiring parallel to the subs juss like you said. that would give alot of power I need wouldnt it?

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 336
Get Chauncey's Type X.........I think that will satisfy your needs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us