Help Please

Unregistered guest
Hey im new here and not really sure about audio and was wonderin... i have a 3000GT (hatchback) and could fit pretty much anything i needed into it. So what woulkd be the best setup for around 6,7,800 bucks. Was thinkin 2 15's and 2 mono channel amps. any input would be hugley appreciated THANKS!!

( please excuse the name wouldnt let me post)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4179
what has to be included in the $800?

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 629
2 RE se15's and either 2 kicker kx600.1's or 1 kx1200.1 or RE 12.1 amp. thats just subs and amp[s]

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 247
WTF. i have a 94 3000GT. i love the car to death, but my trunk is small as sh*t. did you take out the spare tire to be able to fit 2 15"s back there?

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 126
You can take out all the little trays and stuff underneath the hatch carpet, that and the spare and the trunks are surprisingly deep, but yeah if you have that in there you're not going to be able to fit much more than a truck box in that back hatch. Or are you planning to fold the back seats down and sit the subs right there?

Username: Kingjames

OH USA

Post Number: 1
Nope im pretty sure id be able to sit 2 15s right behind the seat without folding them down and if not ill probably end up taking out the spare or makin a custom enclosure and pointing the subs up, anyway about the setup im really a "noob" to car audio so whatever you need to get it to fully function i guess (subs amp and w/e else).

OH USA

Post Number: 2
Ya know what after checkin it out figured i wouldnt be able to sit 2 behind the seat but i know i could fit one so not sure what i wanna do but any ideas are cool, and im lookin for somethin thatll really f****** hit dont wanna spend $800 on a crap system so would one 15 and a good amp hit hard or would like 2 12's be better like i said ima complete noob so anything will help thanks

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 254
what year is yours? maybe if you have a 97-99 they changed the trunk for the 2nd gens. in mine, im just planning on making a wedge box that slants up with the hatch, should be able to fit 1 12" back there.

OH USA

Post Number: 4
Nope same as you a 94' but i measured n know i could fit a 15 but not two its like 4-5 inches not wide enough so anyway would a real nice sub and amp hit hard? I want to hit pretty hard but keep under 7-80o dollars and if i were to get a 15 and a sub what all would i need to wire it? like of course wire but anything else like i dunno a cross over and a box?

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 228
It seems with all the opportunities evolving, that your should go with one avalanche 15 and a 1200D or something in that amp range. I'm sure that'd pound the sh!t out of you in such a small car. Talk to MO and Baseball about their subs for sale.

Silver Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 229
That'll total about $500 and then your still have enough to upgrade your front stage to comps. and maybe still get an amp for them too keep up with that MajoR Bass...

OH USA

Post Number: 5
thanks ill talk to em and "to upgrade your front stage to comps" srry i know im an idiot but what does that mean? and if i were to wire it what all would i need to wire it just the amp sub and some ground wire?

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 255
im assuming you took the spare tire out then. to me its not worth fitting a 15 in the car and be riding w/o a spare tire, not that anyone ever gets flats anymore. you have enough room for a 15 but thats without the box, when you think about box volume, mounting depth, i dont see how you can get a 15 in there, im making a wedge box that goes up with the hatch and if im lucky ill be able to get a 12 in there

OH USA

Post Number: 9
really? i swear i could but maybe not i think im gonna mak a box outta cardboard with dimensions and throw it in thewre and close the hatch n see if it works, what dimensions should i use if i want to put a 15 ava in it? any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 764
Get the MAXIMUM dimensions that you could fit in your car's trunk. Factor in 1" MDF all of the way around. Determine if 1 15" will fit. From there build the biggest possible box, get 1 15" avalanche if it will fit and port it to about 25Hz using calculators online. Powered by a 1k watt rms amp and you can rattle your brains.

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 13
lol srry to be an idiot but mdf, port, 25Hz i somewhat know waht they mean but......... and i just tried to build a box outta cardboard using MO's dimensions and wouldnt fit so how will i go about finding how big i can fit ( i have a 3000GT hatchback so its hard trying to find the dimesnions and such again srry to be a noob

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 256
its easy to design the box you want. just climb in the back seat and measure it with the hatch closed. if your seeing the same trunk that i see in my hatch, theres only 1 possible way to make a box, and thats to wedge it up so the front is angled up with that hatch. thats what im making now. i mean, i guess you could try to fit a 15 back there, but i dont think i have 8 inches of mounting depth when i designed mine. i could be wrong tho.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 257
oh yea, and if you want more than one sub, you will have to get 10's. because of the depth of the subs, the box is going to have to run back to where the sides angle down towards the middle, where theres only like 20 something inches from side to side, and when you measure the width of the box and the mdf, you wont be able to fit 2 12"s, never the less 2 15's. (unless im mistaken, i havent measured in a few weeks)

Username: Coughinkoeppe18

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Post Number: 8
would you all get 2-15's xxx or sx

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 15
IVE GOT IT i think im gonna take out the spare and point the subs upward i got the idea from a guy on cardomain check out the link i think this is what ill do if anyone wants to help by thinkin of plans be my guest :-)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/597971
And btw no ill get 2 ava 15's

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 16
So ive been thinkin if i get 2 15 avas which are like 400 each im way over my limit i wanna spend like less then 800 waht should i do i need 2 subs and 1 or 2 amps not sure what should i do?

Silver Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 239
Avas aren't in production anymore and the used ones go for about $250 + shipping...

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 17
if i were to be lucky enough to get 2 ava 15's what kind of amp(s) should i get would a jl 1000/1 do it or should i get 2 jl 500/1 ive heard only the best about jl amps are theere any others thatd be nice and maybe a little less?

Silver Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 240
Well in this case, I would go with 2 amps only because each sub will require to be wired to 1ohm or 4ohm and those amps are optimal at 1 ohm each. That is unless your find an amp double the wattage and is optimal at 2ohm. (That's what I did)

Username: Tiger21

Mississippi

Post Number: 2
i have a 92 3000gt vr-4 and putting 2 15s behind the back seat is not a good idea you dont have enough room for a big box to have enough air space for it to sound good i have one directed sx12 and a directed d800 amp my sub is pionted under the hatch and my hatch is about to die but im selling the sx and buying 2 a/d/s 312s and building a fiberglass box that fits perfect between my back seats and where my glass meats the metal on my hatch they will be hitting off the glass and since they have dual voice coils i can put 800 watts on each one it should sound pretty good i think you should go with something like that setup the a/d/s s are about 150 a piece if you by two and the box wont cost more than 100 to build i dont know how much the d800 cost i got a deal on mine but you should be able to get the subs the amp the box and a cd player for $800 if you try

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 21
Since i got thinkin bout the se group buy i think imma get 2 twelves and make a custom box pointing them up i know no air sapce but is my only option think this ok idea and whatd be good amp for 2 re se 12's??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us