Are these subs any good?

bassetc
Unregistered guest
Audiobahn Alum Q's...I picked up 3 of the 12" subs for just over $200. I was wondering if they're any good, what size box do they sound best in ported, and how much power for all 3 should I really give them?

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 219
my friend got three of those off ebay and all he had was 3 jl 500/1 and they blew in a month. but he is an agressive listner, but i think that if you put maybe 800 rms to each, that should be good but not to be mean i would sell those to some rich kid that wants flashy subs and invest in some better qaulity subs

bassetc
Unregistered guest
lol. thats what i originally intended...but didn't work out. I wanted to go with something like the pioneer spl 3000s or infinity kappa perfect vqs, but alas no rich kid to buy my subs. lol. ah well. i did hear a setup where one kid had 2 15" alum q's and they sounded nice...granted it was the craziest slot ported box i've ever seen...crazy because it was in a standard cab s 10 and the subs were on an angle right behind your head...but the subs look nice. i've tried pawning them off to a few people but no one around i know has the cash...tear. ah well. I figure since I have them I might as well get a fairly big 1 ohm stable amp, slam em in a box and enjoy them while they last. the strange thing is that almt every review you can find by googling the alum q raves about these subs...ah well.

bassetc
Unregistered guest
lol. thats what i originally intended...but didn't work out. I wanted to go with something like the pioneer spl 3000s or infinity kappa perfect vqs, but alas no rich kid to buy my subs. lol. ah well. i did hear a setup where one kid had 2 15" alum q's and they sounded nice...granted it was the craziest slot ported box i've ever seen...crazy because it was in a standard cab s 10 and the subs were on an angle right behind your head...but the subs look nice. i've tried pawning them off to a few people but no one around i know has the cash...tear. ah well. I figure since I have them I might as well get a fairly big 1 ohm stable amp, slam em in a box and enjoy them while they last. the strange thing is that almt every review you can find by googling the alum q raves about these subs...ah well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
well yeah id think about getting a big one ohm stable amp but youd need to get a ho alternator and the big 3, so it might stack up in cost, if i were you id run them off like a orion 1200d and just hope your alt does ok, plus if you tune it right youll be under powering them but it will be a good everyday setup, dont go sealed. ported prob 30 hz or so

bassetc
Unregistered guest
ok. i was thinking bout doin about 7 or 8 cubic ft. thats pushin what i cant fit in my trunk lol. i drive a 91 cutlass supreme...a lot of room, but no height.

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
actaully all you need is a 4.5 cu ft enclosure tuned to say 30 hz, and youll be set

bassetc
Unregistered guest
sweet..that makes it about a billion times easier

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1205
Eddie u changed your name
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help