What is the biggest powered subwoofer?

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man_jack

Post Number: 197
What is the biggest reasonabley priced powered subwoofer out there?

Unregistered guest
i like the sony wx900 with dual 12" subs. I was at a friends house and he had one in a 16x20 room and it slammed. but he said if u use the xtra bass boost it would bottom out at max volume but the bass boost is not needed cuz its so loud anyway. i seen somewhere on the net that was selling one for $460 with free shipping. 1000 watts

Unregistered guest
one time i borrowed a yamaha sw315 with 1000 watt amplifier and u can easily feel bass down to 16hz with that sub its just sick.

Jayb
Unregistered guest
If it's power you're lookin for go with the Bob Carver at 2700 watts it will make your bowels collapse if ya crank it. IMO

A liitle pricy but well worth it!

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 16
Jayb can you give me a site that has that sub on it so i can see the specs and price

jayb
Unregistered guest
type in SUNFIRE THEATRE GRAND iV u should find it.

Unregistered guest
anyone heard about the Bag End Infra 18. Dual 18" Subwoofers and goes down to 8hz. Is 8hz LOW or what

Unregistered guest
heres a quick list of powerful subwoofers

Velodyne HGS15X 3,000 watts
Sony WX900 1,000 watts 18hz
Yamaha YST-SW-1500 1,000 watts 16hz
Velodyne SPL-1200 Mark II 2,000 watts
Bag End Infra 18 8hz
Sunfire True Subwoofer Signature EQ 2,700 watts

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
Hey Tim, do you know the price of the Bag End subwoofer? 8hz is incredible!

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 115
I have 2 Bag End Infra-18's on my system (about $1,500 each). Each has a 400W amp and an 18" driver and weighs about 95-lbs or so. They really go real deep. :-)

Unregistered guest
yea kevins right there about $1,500 each. ive heard them before they go real low. ive seen another subwoofer on the net awhile back that went as low as 6hz i cant remember what sub it was but it was a 21 inch i think. any1 personally heard the 18 inch solox car subwoofer?

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 116
21"??? Damn! :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 417
I want to find that 21"!

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 166
Velodyne Digital Drive 1812

Unregistered guest
Today i was at a local audio store and i saw something i thought was a little weird but kinda cool. I saw a 10" Audiobahn Linear Compression subwoofer(which is a car subwoofer) but it was in a bandpass box with a powered amplifier in the back. I asked a guy about it in the store and he said it was a audiobahn made for home use. It was $599 i dont know how many watts the amplifier put out but if was a plate amplifier. Im guessing 1000 rms. Has anyone seen anything like this?

jaeelarr
Unregistered guest
6 hz???GOOD LORD...at that point,you dont even HEAR the bass(unless youre a dog)..you just feel it...thats unreal...

ANd 21"???Id have to seeit to beleive it.I think anything over 18" are concert speakers.

Username: Miso

Slovakia

Post Number: 9
go to-www.ultimateavmag.com/ultimate av way down deep, there is a 3-part review of the most powered(and probably most expensive too) subwoofers for home theater

MRJOKSTER
Unregistered guest
Hey dont forget about the MTX JACKHAMMER 22" 5000 WATTS RMS 350 LBS A MONSTER CHECK OUT PICS ON THE WEB

Big Nate
Unregistered guest
The SuperCube I & II have set new performance standards for high-output ultra-compact subwoofers. With the new SuperCube Reference, Definitive sets new performance standards for subwoofers period! The Reference incorporates a 14" version of the 10" SuperCube Technology driver pressure coupled to two 14" infrasonic radiators. All this is powered by an 1800-watt class D amplifier. The result is astounding high-definition bass performance extending effortlessly down below 11 Hz. Each SuperCube Reference goes lower than and has dynamic impact and output capabilities almost equivalent to that of four SuperCube subwoofers combined. Slam, pace and rhythm are exemplary as is the ability to actually shake cement slab foundations. A complete complement of inputs and controls, including continuously variable level, high-pass, low-pass and phase controls, speaker and line level in and out, and LFE Direct in, are included on this surprisingly compact and stylish cube. The SuperCube Reference will be available in piano-gloss black or golden cherry. Available Now!

Dimensions: 16-3/4" W x 16-3/4" D x 16-15/16" H
Frequency Response: 11 Hz -- 200Hz
Driver Complement: One 14" long-throw subwoofer coupled to two 14" infrasonic radiators
Built-in Amplifier: 1800 watts Digitally-Coupled Class D Amplifier
Low Pass Crossover: 24 dB/octave continuously adjustable variable (40 --150 Hz) plus Unfiltered LFE direct coupled input
High Pass Crossover: 12dB/octave continuously variable (40 -- 150hz)
Speaker level: 6 dB octave (80 Hz)
Finish: Piano gloss black or golden cherry
Weight: 111 lbs.
Suggested Retail: $1699

Bronze Member

Slovakia

Post Number: 17
is this supercube reference really so good?

Bronze Member

Slovakia

Post Number: 18
mrjokster-this is just a speaker dedicated to car stereo,although i'm not sure what car this monster fit in , it's not a powered subwoofer,

Silver Member

Post Number: 477
I'll tell what vehicle this monster could fit in! only the best vehicle ever built....the ford excursion!

Anonymous

The Axiom Audio Epicenter EP600 ($1,750.00) claims to go down to 10Hz.

Unregistered guest
i just bought a jbl 118sp its 18in. 300-500 watts. $650
i was looking at a mackie 15 in. does anyone know about thesepowered subs? or anything better for the price? how are these companies reputations?

Anonymous

Check out Audiobahns massive 34" LINEAR COMPRESSION Subwoofer 5000W RMS, 650 oz Double Stacked Magnet, Dual 5" 2 ohm voice coils 34" LINEAR COMPRESSION Subwoofer 5000W RMS, 650 oz Double Stacked Magnet, Dual 5" 2 ohm voice coils. Thats for the guy whos never seen any bigger than 18".

Silver Member

Post Number: 492
What is the price on that big-boy? I want it!

And how low does it go in htz?

Unregistered guest
mtx 22" jackhammer is the best i have that sub i will tell you now if you get it you will never whant to turn it all the way up the fu--ing thing has takin my car windows out 4 times in the past 3 weeks all so i took it to a comp and a frend wanted me to turn it all the way up so i did and i not only blow out my windows but 3 other car windows down from me i meen holy sh-- i will never turn that thing that loud agen inless i whant to piss some one off lol any way the mtx 22" jackhammer by far is the best out there if you have the mony lol here take a look at this thing so you can see what i meen http://www.lightav.com/ces/mtxjack2.jpg

Username: Fareastkid

Fukushima, N/a Japan

Post Number: 4
I know you have some before and after pic's! care to post them??

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 40
if u want a subwoofer that will destroy a mtx jackhammer go to WWW.realmofexcursion.com click on vids go to re audio then hit prototype that sub will smoke a mtx jack hammer and how did u get one i heared the jackhammer wasn't going to be sold to the public and also check out kicker solox 18 inch 5000 watts rms and 10,000 watts peak

JEREMY MIES
Unregistered guest
I WOULD HAVE TO SAY HE DOSNT HAVE IT! BUT THEY DO LOOK AWESOME. SOLO X KICKS TOO

elfish
Unregistered guest
the mtx jackhammer t9922 is the biggest yet. 22'' subwoofer 230 pounds 12,000 watts 28'' high

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
where can I get one?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1624
ok guys, randy fox, the 22 inch jackhammer hasnt been released yet, elfish the sub only stand 23 inches tall, guys the audiobhan 34 inch sub it terrible it doesnt move fast enough, someone saying stuff about have it go so low down to 6 hrtz, so what, my 10 inch eclipse al drops down to 3, most subs can, but you cant hear anything under 20, the Mtx jackhammer will be the strongest sub out, even the prototype wont touch it, the prototype will destroy it in sq though for the spl that would put out, and its not released yet either

The One
Unregistered guest
YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MTX JACKHAMMER.... IT IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR MTX DEMOS. YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU DID NOT BLOW YOUR WINDOWS OUT, AND YOU DID NOT BLOW OTHER PEOPLES WINDOWS OUT. YOU WOULD BE DEAF RIGHT NOW IF THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED JACKASS..... STOP LYING, YOU PROBABLY DONT EVEN OWN A CAR.... AND LEARN HOW TO SPELL F**KER.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2055
and to add to what The One said, YOU CAN NOT BLOW YOUR YOUR WINDOWS, its not possible, they will spiderweb THAT IS IT RETARD, and the one, it will be sold to the public for 6 grand, the prototype or the parthenon will take it though, no worries,

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2058
oh yea, and anon up there, that epicenter claims to go to 16 hrtz i believe, and whats the piont, human hearing only goes down to 20, and my subs drop down to 3 supposedly

r00stah
Unregistered guest
parthenon, bitchez... no contest against any other sub, what-so-ever. mtx had also built a one-of-a-kind 64" sub for comps a while back, but i dont think it really counts here: they only made one, and they had to power it with an engine crankshaft.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2158
hmmm, ive never heard of this 64 inch sub, but i know MTX or someone did make a sub so big the truck it was in imploded or somen like that, but bigger isnt always better

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 447
What does "reasonably priced" mean to you?

tecknotic todd
Unregistered guest
kicker solo X is the shiznit. kicker will forever be the king of bass. square subs, who would have thought of that!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3167
kicker subs SUCK, i would put up a 15 ti pro or a 15 Mt up against that sub and smash it anyday, and it willlast long too

Username: Swwdts

Post Number: 2
I had my new kickers blown up in just 2 days.I was running three Rockford amps (two for the subs & one for the deck & doors).Anyway,I took back the kickers & the salesman sold me 2 Rockford Fosgate subwoofers that gave great SQL & SPL bass tones for years.

Username: Mr_wiglz

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 1
Kickers don't even compare to the likes of RE, Digital Design, Image dynamics and MTX.

what about the Digital design 9917 sub, that is a beast aswell, DD always kick a$$ at spl comps.

As for the jack hammer, if it costs 6000, I would rather have 5 DD 9915 subs, I think if you put about 8kw of rms power througn each, you could kick out some really high numbers.

but I wouldn't mind having that puppy in the back of my car, not that it would move of course.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3363
you could prolly hit 160= with 5 dd9917s, god those subs are ncie, im considering buying one to replace me ti, but i mighjt just get a ti pro or a 15 MT, i dunno yet

Bronze Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 90
well if i could afford it i would buy that re audio 24inch sub that has like 10inchs of x-max. now that would get LOUD

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3407
yea it would, that would eb insane, but if u had the money, i could get 2 15 inch MT's and like 8 hifonics brutus 1500ds lol, talk about LOUD

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 2
I wouldn't bothere with Hifonics, several of their amps have been scoped and they don't produce anywhere near what they say they do.

I'm a Die hard DD fan, I think their subs are awesome, very good quality hand built subs. As for amps, you may aswell get US amps or SPL dynamics, which are pure power, some are even regulated.

I've only got a Digital Designs DD9112 and a rockford fosgate 1501bd, giving it 1645 watts rms at 2 ohms. The box is 2.5 cuft and tuned to 42hz, the result is immense, I can only imagine what a 15" or the 9917 sub would do. I haven't had it measured yet but I think it would be 140 + at least.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3413
dont be very proud of that dino, and the hifoncs amps are GREAT amps for the cash, simple sa that, if u set the dials right they are VERY good amps and they DO produce about 1450 watts rms when i bench tested it. But im hitting 146.4 dbs with my 15 ti and an interfire ib1900c amp, just for your info, its a box thats tuned to 33 hrtz 3.0 cubic feet after displacement and 550 watts rms, thats nothing and im killing with it. DDs are awesome, but i WOULD get a hifonics for people if thye need a good amp

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 4
so you're saying you're only giving your sub 550 watts rms and it hits 146.4 db, I'm sorry but that sounds like bull. unless I misread. you're box isn't even tuned for spl and with 550 wrms and with 1 15" in a 3 cuft box seems too small. I 15 needs at least a 4cuft, have a look at all the spl heads, they have boxes in excess of 4cuft for each sub, that goes for 12" subs aswell let alone 15".

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 7
sorry I made a mistake, I take what I said above back, I'm completely out of line, there's no way of judging how many db you can get from seeing it written down. I just measured my setup about half an hour ago on a db drag termlab, with a broken DD sub and measured 149.2 db on a five second burp. I was under the impression that my setup would only get up to mid 140's

i played a 1 hz signal through my sub for about a minute, without knowing it, and I thought I burnt the vc's because it was scratching, but I measure both vc's and they're both fine. put it back in the car yeterday and the scratching isn't noticable at high volumes. what do you think it could be, I think it could have got really hot and melted some glue or something and it's scratching inside or there's dirt inside.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3441
haha thank you, i was about to get mad lol cuase it does NOT matter wattages and some subs require different airspaces for different power handlings, i just cant wait to get a new 6 cubic foot box tuned to 45 with 1200 watts rms, im hoping to break 152 lol. but man if i could get a dd id be in heaven lol

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 10
if you got a DD 9515 you'd hit 150db easy, I think the next upgrade will be to get a 15". try and get a bit more serious. and in a 6cuft box you can get the 9917 to sing like a bird. it will destroy most subs, but with any DD and RE sub you have to give them a lot of power, especially the RE subs as they are so inefficient

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3448
yea but im running a 15 Ti

Bronze Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 92
hey sub my friend just had his 2 10inch shocker audio subs measured and he hit 148.3. i couldn't beleive it he got that loud with 2 10's espically since there in a 4.7 cf sealed box

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3464
thats very impressive, its not on a termlab, ill tell you that

Bronze Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 93
i don't know what kind of mic they were using, but he showed me the paper to prove it

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3466
haha it def wasnt termlab lol

Bronze Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 94
what other kind of mics are there, and how do they increase or decrease the acuttal spl your system is putting out

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3467
well termlabs are the ones used in most comps, VERY VERY tough mics, like the new one this year compared to this year is like 3 dbs harder lol, and there are generic brand ones that radioshack sells that i bet i could hit 130 on with my 6 by 9s lol

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 16
well the old audio control mics which need to be calibrated regularly and can be affect by changes in temperature and air pressure to name just a few things, but the most accurate way to measure SPL is with the new db drag termlab. The old mic can add up to as much as 8 db, which is really in accurate.

Anyway 4.7 cuft, for two 10"s is quite big, but fom a sealed, thats suprising. IF he ported that to the right frequency he could hit even higher.

Bronze Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 96
well the manuel said anywhere between 2.5 and 6 cf would be perfect for them, but all be could fit in his car was 4.7, ya i wish he would port them that would be so loud LOL

braxton stevens
Unregistered guest
Once you get over 12in subs they start to roll and sound kind of shitty. I have got 4, 10in 800watt subs there ran through two 1500watt amps. then I have 6, 6x9's running through another 1500watt amp. They sound great!!

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 17
are you talking about max or rms values here? and you're not being specific with brands and enclosure and car.

You're completely wrong in saying that they sound $hitty above 12" subs. have you ever heard an RE or an ID or a DD sub. These subs can take a hell of a pounding and are probably more responsive than any other 10" $hitty brand sub.

Also if you were so into SQ then you would certainly not be running 6 x 9s. Instead you would have a nice pair of Components. Because we all know that 6x9's are a cheap cheap cheap replacement for the low end fill.

If I were you I would invest in a decent pair of comps up front and amp those instead of wasting it on the 6x9s, you would get a better stage of sound. If you do like rear fill than power the 6x9s with your h/u.

matt mac
Unregistered guest
yall suck i got 6 eclipse's (18in 1500 watts) in my truck. suck on that

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3477
matt mac, no you dont, but braxton, why are you posting somen similar to that in the car audio forum with a different name, i know they are both you and your being an idiot cause we all know your completely full of it, and for your information, my 15 tis sound MUCH better than a 12 inch w7, and a 10 inch 9500 my friends have, 15s have great sound, you just need to know what your doing, you DO NOT!

DeeJay Scribbles
Unregistered guest
That MTX Jackhammer sucks my nads. I gotz a custom home made sub that is 50". It blew all da windos out in da hzouse. I bought dat piz o shiz Jackhammer on dat ebay. Mine sub blow dat crap into muther truckin space. Reprezent biznatches.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3591
dude, your an idiot! lol. first off, learn to type, second, i would really like to see your 50 inch sub, that "blew" all the windows out of your house, oh yea and i forgot, the jackhammer isnt sold to the public numnuts

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 39
I'm sorry but I gotta agree. are you retarded or something? Learn to talk and stop trying to act all ghetto. you probably don't even know what the parts of the sub do let alone make your own. If it's so good why don't you make them and sell them. 50" sub my a$$. for a start it would sound $hit cause it wouldn't move fast enough. The bigger doesn't mean better, retard. And why lie? as if a person like you bought one, you wouldn't know what to do with it.

Learn to talk, register as a new user and don't talk cr@p so that we don't know who is typing stupid things again.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3598
dno, ther actually uis a 5 foot sub though

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 43
can you point me to one, cause seriously I don't see the point in anything above an 18". once you start getting bigger and bigger than that the sound quality goes down the drain. I've heard of 34" subs but never a 50"

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3605
the 50 inch drain was a sub made by a custom shop njust to prove to someone they could do it, and the larger the sub the lower it will play, thats the point of it

fiesta boy
Unregistered guest
the other day i saw a 24"sub and it totaly filled the back of an escort van from side 2 side what the hell r u driving round or was it all a dream?

RichardKickerFan
Unregistered guest
wat amps would run that mtx sub?

DeeJay Scribbles
Unregistered guest
Foolz, u don,t know. Youz all just foolz. Mine 50" sub be blown anyz your crap into spizace. Fool I gotz dat Jackcraper. Foolz youz don,t know. Reprezent biznatches.

Username: Rugerfan

Sacramento, California United States

Post Number: 7
Velodyne DD-18 only 5kish if you Filthy Rich!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3697
wouldnti love to own that! lol

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 77
Now this is a sub bass god almighty there goes the neighbourhood!
KABOOM!
http://www.royaldevice.com/custom.htm

20hurts
Unregistered guest
JBL GTI amps would run that jackhammer , and you can blow out windows, i did it with 3 JL 12w6v2s in a honda accord

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 49
you can blow out windows quite easily, especially in weak cars and it will most likely be the front or back, not the side ones. they usually blow out from the edge, but the rarely ever crack or break. So blowing out, but blowing out all the windows inda house as said before is stupid to say.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 555
Please note you need to be very careful with really deep bass. As I understand it (and I'm not a medical man), the rear end's sphincter muscle reacts to a 7hz signal. i.e. if your sub does 7hz loud, you're liable to literally dump in your pants there and then!

I note monkey man jack asked for 'reasonably priced'. This does depend what he means by reasonable of course. I suggest he look at the M&K range. They have a whole range of sealed unit subs (meaning they have little - if any - cabinet noise) that go very deep indeed. Look on http://www.mksound.com. I've been playing with their entry level KX-10 and it impresses. I've also played with their MX700 and it's lovely. Their top of the range 350 THX thing is awesome...

All M&K's subs go down to 20hz flat except the KX-10. That means you'll get a full range (20hz - 20khz) with one of these subs - even the KX-10 has useable output at 20hz which is remarkable for such a small sub.

I also like the REL subs, particularly their ST range such as the Stampede and Strata 5. Again, sealed units, very flexible dynamic and fast.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
At 7Hz where are bodies resonate at within the infersonic frequency range and tests have been done on humans with nasty results the infersonic range if it where matched by playing around with infersonic ranges and using a sound generator and if played at very high SPL levels can result in internal damage ekk!

The idea of doing this is sick
makes my skin crawl.

Username: Pjcom

Currently - ... USA

Post Number: 8
what would be someone's ideal 10" sub? eclipse Ti? JL w7?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4152
eclipse ti for me, i odnt like hjow jls sound, and the ti would be clearer and louder if properly installed, actually right now, im trading my 2 15 tis for 3 10 tis, if i can find someone with tis besides me

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 645
Personally redneck this niggger would like to go upside your hillbilly head. But that would just confirm what you already think of us. Subfanatic, thanks for standing up! We have to call folks on this BS when we see it. Ignoring it is perpetuating it. Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 176
It's ok Art don't give the mindless @#ck the satisfaction of a rebuke. Hopefully the scum will dissapear. I am from the south and people like that disgust me as I have several black friends.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 647
Thanks E. We just have to call folks on it. Can't let him hide it in the details like we won't notice. Trust me I am not one bit angry, just gotta call him on it.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 695
Art's right about that...

Bronze Member
Username: Sexxybeast_5

Geelong, Victoria Australia

Post Number: 40
i got a sub betta than all of em and its only 15" not a 5000 watt 34 inch 15 its the sound stream xxx 8500w rms 8.5 kw and i think max is about 15000w or more go to http://www.soundstream.com/sub/products_amps_XXX_i.html its the one under the amp

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 21
hmmm try these on for size:

Upload
Upload

Yours for a comfortable 80 grand

Anonymous

i've seen and heard 7500 watt 18 inch subs in my friends yukon, he had to get his glass reinforced so it wouldn't break from all the bass it was crazy! he only go the subs for 488 each too which is a pretty good deal

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4267
wel/l what subs, what amp

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 35
You guys realise of course, this is the HOME AUDIO powered subwoofer section, eh?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 485
red rover red rover i call all the car audio guys back over

Bronze Member
Username: Look4sun

Post Number: 64
To Frank Abella,

You mention about M&K Subwoofer.
Have u ever tested with M&K V-76 (entry level) ?
How does it sound compare with M&K 125 and M&K 850 Sub series ? Is it differ much ?

Tks
sun

Silver Member

Post Number: 339
This is the sub bass to end all sub bass speakers, or is it?
http://www.royaldevice.com/custom.htm

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4325
lol its not really that great its just the enclosure in my opinion

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 35
i'm pretty sure this one takes the cake.Upload

hiphophippopanonymous
Unregistered guest
dan, that sub was actually made by that ghuy because someone bet him he could not make a sub that was 5 feet in diameter, and yes that sub is/was real and was used once in a car audio shop, namely the man who made it, the guy in the picture designed and built it, it ran once worked well, and imploded truck....this is what i have heard

Anonymous

i.v got 12 solo beric L5's in my mini van iny one got that #@$$%

Anonymous

hey

Anonymous

hey does any one know when the MTX Jack Hammer is going to come out on the market?

The great one
Unregistered guest
Who gives a sh*t about your L5's? I have 8 15" Brahmas in my Expedition.

Murdock
Unregistered guest
For those of you looking for real, good, afforable HOME AUDIO subwoofers, check out:
http://www.svsubwoofers.com/
They have comparisons to the other major players (Sunfire, Velodyne, etc) and always, always come out ahead, esp. when cost is factored in.

Unregistered guest
I am a deffinate newbie and I don't know anything about speakers really except they look good, sound great, and make my head hurt XD.
But I have a few questions:
1. What do the magnets in speakers do?
2. Doesn't more travel mean the speaker is going to 'vibrate' more slowly or am I wrong?
3.I watched 'P*mp My Ride' today and they put the MTX JackHammer in this guys buick and omg that sub amazed me. Its like 2 feet long! I've seen someone post the it is 6k, Can you back thay up at all? I am not trying to contest you but I'm just curious.
4. Does the position of the sub (facing in cabin of car or in trunk) effect the bass?
5. It keeps getting harder and harder for me to find competition CDs for Db drag racing and audio comps but I have the CD 'DB JAMS volume 6' and I want to know if there is a volume 7 or higher. Please help.
If you read this and want to help me please email me at raijingt@tmail.com
Even if you can only answer 1 of my questions that's a help. Thanks,
Corey
p.s. (I can't type the real name of the tv show that's on mtv. It says I can't use the word and have to remove it lol. Lame....

mr Shizzle boom boom
Unregistered guest
wow ur a flag, minus the L

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 51
does size really matter to you guys that much?

yhateme
Unregistered guest
one JackHammer will move more air than three 13w7's. But everyone has the W7's. It moves as much air as six kicker 15" L7's...but again, everyone has those too....everyone that hates the Jackhammer is just jealous. Either because they can't build it or because they can't afford to buy it.

Unregistered guest
I have 2 15" planet audio Z15s, 2 Matts dh300 amps both slaved through a directed 1500d. one amp per sub. the box is built by me and i dont know how to measure ports or set hz levels on boxes yet but im learning, but the box fits tight in the back with no room to spare. i have 2 optima yellow top batts and 2 power caps and a 220amp alternator. all in my mitsubishi eclipse and on the termlab meter at dbdrag i hit a 157.7 db. i think if i could learn boxes better i could get a sponser but 2 first place trophies dbdrag and clash of the titans wont get it. any help on getting sponsered would greatly be appreciated ty all.

SGT Jesse M. Woolard
US Army 101st Airborne (Air Assault)

Unregistered guest
oops thats matts d300hc and replys can go to email gijesse05@aol.com ty all.

Cosa
Unregistered guest
as far as the jackhammer put in that guys car on p!mp my ride, they were saying it was the first car with one in it. And no $hit, it was freakin huge, added an extra 320 pounds, and looked like a freakin beast to install. Besides that it must destroy your ears.....but DAMN i bet it's loud as hell. So anyone who says they have one is lying, unless you're the guy that got his car p!mped, in which case you are one lucky son of a b!tch

gijesse05
Unregistered guest
yeah i saw that episode tonight thats one lucky dude but the jack hammer in his car was only producing a little over 100db that sucks for a $6000 sub. and as far as blowing others windows out of their cars ive been to car shows where ive seen 170+ spl and never seen windows in other people's cars blown out so that guy is just full of it in more ways than one!

Q
Unregistered guest
Yeah, 100db on a wack spl meter that couldn't read over that. That sub will get alot louder than that. Are you nuts?!

runit
Unregistered guest
320 lbs. is alot for a sub, but not that much for a car to handle. Think of it as havin' two passengers(or your mom)in the back seat.

keepitpimpin..pimpin
Unregistered guest
yhateme, first off I do have a 12W7 and the only one in my town to have it, so i don't know what you are talking about when you say "but everyone has the W7". mainly what i'm trying to say is that only us hustlers have a grand lying around to put into a sub.

lachupacabra
Unregistered guest
yeah i have 12 audiopipe 12s in my schoolbus . al ur systems really suck im runnin 800 watts to eachawith custom ported boxes

Anonymous

yea dude ur system kicks u should run more power to them tho

gijesse05
Unregistered guest
actually the jlw7 sucks the mass produced them to get the on the market and were slower doing studies with the much better and longer lasting jlw6. so i wouldnt waste my money on a jlw7 id get the one that will do the same thing and actually hold up under pressure the jlw6.

nipps
Unregistered guest
i have a friend whos got a 15" kicker L7 in his pathfinder which you can litteraly hear from about 5 blocks away. in a comp he went over 140 db.

Anonymous

This one goes down to 0Hz
http://www.eminent-tech.com/RWbrochure.htm

keepitpimpin..pimpin
Unregistered guest
gijessie, how can you say it sucks have you had one or is this hear say. And i've had my W7 for about 2 years now and sounds just the same as it did after i broke it in. So having it last is not the problem. Also it is much louder than two of the w6's which i have heard with very simular set ups. When it comes down to it you talk bad about the W7 because you don't have the money to get one youself.

gijesse05
Unregistered guest
i have my own sound studio and i know for a fact that the w7 is no better than the w6 and if you could come down here i would prove it to you. the JLw7 is overated point blank. and hearing subs in a similar set doesnt mean anything i can take two identical cars same boxes and subs and they both would sound different.
if you dont know what your talking about dont even post plus if your dad wants to buy you sh**ty equipment so be it.

moneybags
Unregistered guest
purple

RUNIT
Unregistered guest
well gi....practice what you preach...if you don't know, don't post.

Silver Member

Post Number: 778
This has to e the worlds ultimate sub bass KABOOM and the word is total unrelenting pressure.....

Upload

884213513mjh;lmkvf
Unregistered guest
http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=40;t=018384
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us