MO's Super Sale

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1645
Since i have so many things up for sale that are quality and not junk i decided to make a thread for it. I am selling the following.

Brand New In Box Avalanche 15 original xbl motor. Sitting here in my room in original box chad sent me. Its under the 3 year warranty and i want 299.99 plus shipping for it.

Im also selling this quality Brand New Zapco 500M referance mono class A/B amp. It puts out 538 x 1 @ 4 ohm and over 700 x 1 @ 2 ohm. Never used or anything with original box and manual and symbolink and extra bass control remote for free which retails for $50.00 and birthsheet as seen in the picture. Comes with original receipt and still under zapco warranty. Want $575 for it.
Upload
Upload

Next item up for sale is my Used Orion MBR 70 Battery Regulator which is in great condition and works perfectly. I printed out the owners manual from online so i will include that with this. This is going for $150.00 plus shipping / Originally went for $500.00 when it first came out.
Upload

Also selling my Brand New JL 12w6v2 ported enclosure i had built by phil at woodlawncabintry.com which i never got to use. Its top quality and built to JL specs at 1.5 tuned to 32hz for a single 12w6v2. I want $90 plus shipping for this one. It weights 50 lbs so you can look that up on www.usps.com Items will be shipped from 20878 zipcode priority mail.

Upload
Upload

also selling my 1 farad rockford cap for $10 bucks plus shipping or i may include it who ever needs it with one of my purchases on here as a bonus.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3614
why are you selling your avalanche?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1647
Because i changed my mind about it. Ive decided to go with my 2 JL 12w6v2's and have a ported box built for them to jl specs by phil at woodlawncabintry. Ill go 3.0 cu ft. tuned to 32hz and that should be good to go. That Avalanche 15 is still sitting in the box it came in from fedex. lol I paid 300 for it plus shipping. Its has 3 years in the warranty so it should sell quick since its the original.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3616
the ava will be much louder then the w6's just to let you know before you go selling it.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1648
Well others have said the opposite. I cant imagine the single Avalanche 15 sealed at 2.0-2.5 cu ft. being louder then 2 12w6v2 ported at 3.0 cu ft tuned to 32hz. 2 Sealed 12w6v2's whould be very close to 1 avalanche 15 sealed at 2.5

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3617
NO NO and NO again my friend! I have tested both of these combinations and it isnt even close!

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1649
I still doubt it James. I dont see the Avalanche 15 getting louder or Sound better then 2 12w6v2's ported. Ive talked to a few other people and they seem to suggest the 2 12w6v2 ported setup over the 1 Avalanche 15 sealed for overall loudness and sq.

To many factors involved anyways to determine. What type of amp and car and so on.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4515
i agree with james, the ava will rock them, have you used your ava yet?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1651
Wait, How will they rock them ? Give me a explanation of what size enclosure your going with. What kind of car ? How many watts ? What type of amp ?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3620
dude you can do what you want but I am telling you whoever you talked to has their heads up their buttts and I can bet you they havnt tested both in the same car with the same amp going with the same scenario you are trying to tell me that the JL's are louder. I am telling you they wont be!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3621
99 Jeep cherokee 2.5 cu/ft sealed with the ava and 1.75 cu/ft /sub with the JL's both run at 1ohm off of a orion hcca 250 g4 at 800 watts. there is a p[ost I am gonna find that glass posted a few days ago that I think you should read about how two 12's wont always be louder then 1 15 due to surface area sensativity plays a huge roll as well hold on I will find it.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1652
I dont wanna come to any conclusions or whatever. Either way im going with the 2 12w6v2's ported setup. I think alot of people whould go with that setup opposed to 1 Avalanche 15. Dont care which is louder. I just imagine the 2 12's ported being louder then 1 15 avalanche sealed, thats all.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3622
you can imagine what you want but its not lets starts a poll and see what other people say.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1653
lol..thats fine with me. I own both setups and can go both ways so i have nothing to loose. I just think more people will prefer the 2 12w6v2's over the 1 Avalanche 15. We can have a poll for that also.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 519
itd be pretty crazy if you used both.. tune the jl's high and use the ava as a powerhouse for the lows

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1655
I can switch up anytime if i dont like one setup or whatever. Some songs will play better on the JLs and some songs will play better on the Avalanche 15 but im not gonna be crazy and play both at the same time in my are..lol

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 183
James,

The JL's could very well be louder than the Avalanche sealed. What makes you so certain they wouldn't be? If the 2 JL's ported weren't as loud as the AVA sealed it would be quite sad. The AVA isn't a magic sub..it's not going to put up huge numbers sealed. If they aren't louder, it's due to poor box design..simple as that.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3220
If you plan on selling your Avalanche, you should definitely wait a couple more months. There are still Avalanches of all 3 sizes left for order from Ascendant, at the sale prices. So if anybody want's an Avalanche 15", then get it for $225 plus shipping straight from Ascendant instead of $299 plus shipping from MO.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1656
Thank you Dave for being down to earth and logical. Yeah Joe, im gonna probably keep my Avalanche 15 for now and see what happens. I wasnt sure about selling it anyways.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3624
hey Dave if you know anything about comparing specs of a sub vs another go ahead and check into the thread that is calle poll here. if you dont and you are just thinking that 2-12's should be louder then 1-15 then your opinion means nothing to me really buddy. Look at FS,XMAX,QES,QTS,QMS and if you dont know how to differtiate between them then dont bother posting because surface area isnt everything my man. Now I just wanna say for the record I am a big JL audio fan but when it comes to louder the avalanche will destroy the JL's SQ I believe the 12w6v2 is one of the best SQ subs ever made.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3224
What's the xmax of a 12w6v2?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3628
hey Nick check out the post got a poll here I listed all the specs.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 607
Im with you James.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3225
Yeah, I got it.

Total surface area of two 12w6v2's: 1,003 cm2

Total surface area of one Avalanche 15": 749 cm2

W6v2 Xmax: 16mm or 1.6 cm

Avalanche Xmax: 27mm or 2.7 cm

Displacement at full Xmax for two W6's: 1,198 cm3

Displacement at full Xmax for one Avy: 2,022 cm3

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 611
Good post Joe, i can pretty much gaurantee that people will still try to debate it though. lol.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3226
Two JL W6V2's at full linear excursion will displace 1.2 liters of air.

One Avalanche 15" at full linear excursion will displace 2.02 liters of air.

"There's no replacement for displacemnt."

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3635
Thank you NICK nice post!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3227
No problem guys.

Trust me, an Avalanche can move a $hit load of air, I have one.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3637
so post on the poll thread man!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3638
by the way did you get your HO alt in?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3228
I just got it in today actually, along with all the Big 3. Works awsome.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3641
NICE have you played late night tip yet?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3231
No, actually I haven't, lol. I finished putting everything in at about 9:30 tonight, and then I had to go and put a new rim and tire on our 15" commercial mower, (I guess I was going too fast with the tractor and hit a nice bump), so I haven't really listened to the Avy much at all yet.

I did get everything set on the Orion though, and it does sound much much much better, (I found my manual).

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1658
This post is only for sale questions from now on guys. Thansk for your input. If you wanna keep debating with me go to the poll thread.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 521
hey joe.. play this song on that sub and tell me how it sounds.. "heart of man" by xzibit.. the song hits soo hard on any sub i listen to .. i cant imagine on that

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3657
nice man let me know what you think of it later. oh yeah Hunter hit 138 at 35 hz which is pretty low for that db level. thats pretty nasty.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2637
Can I have more info on the RF cap... a link to check it out or something?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1669
I will have to take a picture of the cap. Its a simple 1 farad rockford cap that came out around 2002.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us