Total newbie with 98 VW Golf

Andy Barber
Unregistered guest
As the title says I have no idea what I have or what I need. All I know is that these stock speakers produce terrible bass. My parents have a 00' Jeep grand cherokee with really good speakers in it (I think they say infinity). Anyways I would like some speakers that are capable of producing sounds like the ones from the infinities. Keep in mind that I'm 17 and $$ is a factor

Bronze Member
Username: Dozyproductions

San Diego, California United States

Post Number: 86
how much money are you looking at? and what brands do you have available for you to hear around your area? its really all on preference.

Andy Barber
Unregistered guest
I'm thinking of spending $200 total. There are a few stores in my general area(within an hours drive) that carry infinity, jbl, etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 34
Look at the infinity 62.7 2-ways. I just got 2 off of ebay brand new for 90. That is if you use ebay.

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 35
They are 6 1/2" I don't know what size a Jeep has but that is a pretty common size.

Andy Barber
Unregistered guest
Well thanks for telling me what size the are, atleast I now know what to be looking for. What 6.5" speakers are good for a mid range budget?

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 51
if you want bass then drop in a sub. Its gonna be ahrd to get 4 new speakers to replace the ones you have and get good bass out of them (off the stock deck/amp). Save an extra $100 and get a decent amp/sub/box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us