Amp + box for 2 15" L7's

Eric5418
Unregistered guest
I'm kinda new to the site here but it looks like most people know what they're talkin about so I figured this would be a good place to ask such a question. I just got 2 L7's (yes, i know, the damn square ones) and now i'm lookin for an amp to power the things. So far I have the profile california picked out (1000w x 2 max) off of ikesound for 175. I was wondering if anybody knows of any other options with the same or maybe a little more power to it. I'm lookin to spend about 250 at the most on it. I'm also lookin for a box as well. So far I'm lookin at one on ebay but i've heard they perform a lot better in a ported box than a sealed, so if someone could help me out with that it would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 465
nooo...dont get that profile california amp that sh!t sucks...dotn look at max watts look at rm..their is no way your going to get an amp that pushes out 1500-2000rms for 250...you might be able to get a good amp off ebay to push those for around 400-500 at least...look into kicker,mtx,and jbl for cheap and reliable amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
max watts means nothing..look at RMS*

Eric5418
Unregistered guest
I'm pretty educated on rms/max and all that I just dont know reliability in names and such, but thanks. I'm not sure if I should go mono or 2 channel is another question I have actually. Mono wise I'm looking at the Hifonics BX1605D (1600w rms @1ohm), or the Boss IQ3KD.1 (3000w max @1ohm - don't know rms) but I don't know the quality of the name and it sounds cheap to me so im pretty skeptical on it.

Anonymous

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic
Go here

Silver Member

Post Number: 470
boss is extremely cheap stay away...hifonics is also cheap but not as bad and ive heard that if you run it at 1ohm it pushes out almost what it advertises but at all other loads its highly overrated

Username: Bassss

Post Number: 3
iam gettin 1 12l7 an pushin it with a bx1500 hifonics at 1ohm will that b g0od Quick Shot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us