IS THE RMS WATTAGE TRUE FOR RE AUDIO???????

Bronze Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 12
IS THE RMS WATTAGE TRUE FOR RE AUDIO??????? IF i hooked up a JL 1000/1 to a 12" xxx how would it sound? Could i wire two JL 1000/1's to 1 12" MT? thanks alot

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 338
The rating is thermal only. Anything over 1000w or so will push it to full excursion.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8129
depends on the enclosure, but yes the thermal ratings are accurate. the 1000/1 on a XXX would be about the minimum amount of power I'd give one to perform well.
I have 1300 watts going to each of mine and they perform very well.

The MT requires as much power as you can feed it since it comes as an optional quad coil design, and is meant purely and only for SPL events.
2Kw is going to be about the least I'd feed an MT as well.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 145
ok glass if i fed a XXX 15" 1000 rms...in a huge ported box would that be enough power to get it to full excursion...box would be about 4.5 cubic feet...don't know what to tune it to yet...a buddy wants a xxx 15" thanks...

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8156
more or less, yes.
you won't reach xmax in a ported enclosure just due to the port effects on cone movement.. but yeah you'd get close to full output most likely.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 151
sweet thanks glass

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
the reason i asked this question is beacause i just bought 1 RE SE10" sub and i was wondering if that could truely take 600 watts rms??? thanks

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8202
sure it can, though ya may not need that much to reach full output. not sure what it'd take for a ported SE10 off hand.
calling RE would be the fastest way to find out.. just ask em

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i have a s10 truck and only so much room for a sealed enclosure so i cant go ported but will it still take 600 watss rms without bottoming out?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us