I got my Avalanche 15" finally!!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3094
I'll let you all know how it sounds in a little bit. I just opened the box, and I gotta say this thing is more massive than I even thought it would be. Pictures do it no justice, and the magnets look a lot bigger in real life. Thing weighs a ton.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 214
wow hurry up and post some pics :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3096
I will, probably next week, I don't have a digital camera, lol.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 288
ohh i bet its huge ppl say its a lot bigger than the atlas, and my atlas's are huge a lot bigger than i expected and they weigh a lot too.

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 217
I wonder how much the 18" weighs. probably like 2 tons.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 305
cant be any worst than my 9500 thing weighs like 60 pounds and i almost busted my balls picking it up the 1st time

water
Unregistered guest
60 pounds? what size is your woofer ?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3097
It's a 15" and weighs 45 lbs. You gotta remember, it doesn't have as big of a magnet as say the Brahma, because the Avalanche's magnet is wider, and has more surface area, which is just as effective as mass.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3098
Ok guys, I tested it out, and saying it's a low end sub is an understatement. I swear, you've never heard anything like this. In my old system I didn't even hear some notes I can hear now. The lows are so incredabley strong, I'm afraid now that I'm gonna rattle stuff apart in my car. I'm a little afraid of screwing up my headunit too, because it shakes so much. I played a 7 hz test tone through it, and you wouldn't believe the amount of air moving. I will agree with other Avalanche owners and say that it's such a low end dominant sub, that the highs aren't as good as they could be, but I really can't complain.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 793
I got a new idea for a subwoofer motor design but im not sure if i should leak any information. It would be incredibly small, same power or possibly more powerful then the average motor, require less enclosure space due to smaller size, have incredibly low failure risk, and be alittle bigger then say a small can of cat food. It would revolutionize the industy.

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 218
lol. I bet its a neo magnet.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 795
no what im thinking of is a completely new concept but yeah neo magnets are better then the crap they use.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3100
I wish you'd share your idea with somebody. I'm sure there's no way anybody in here could steal our idea and actually produce a motor. You know, if what your thinking is the real deal, and works, you really should make a prototype and get a patent right away. A North American patent is only about 400 bucks.

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 80
And give us some money for supporting your idea.LOL

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3104
I'm just really interested to see what he's talking about...

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 801
The key lies right before your eyes.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3108
Lol. It's pretty hard to figure out exaclty how your gonna make something very small with high power handeling. You don't think other people have tried it already? I meen, no offence at all, but it's really hard to beleive that a 14 year old has come up with a revolutionary motor design.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 283
Hey Joe. How does that Avalanche compare to the x.x.x-15".Leave the money issue aside. I've heard that it hits a lot lower than the x.x.x. Is it as loud as x.x.x.You know, I was going to buy one from a local shop employee but he backed out on me at the last minute. FU(K!! He wanted 275 for it but settled for 250 so I gave him the cash then when I went to pick it up from his home he changed his mind and gave me my money back. I never even got a chance to see it. I don't even know if that was good deal or not 'cause I don't know how much they're going for new.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3111
If you were gonna get a 15" x.x.x for 250, then that woulda been an awsome deal. The 15's are over 400 bucks new.

As for comparison, I can't say, because I have never heard a X.X.X. It is an absolute low end monster though, and crushes MTX 9500's and Jl W7's. That's really all I have heard to compare it to that's in the same league.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 148
i just got my delivery confirmation for the 20th for my 15" ava now o just need to pull my head out of my a$$ and get cracking on the box

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3113
Yeah, I waited around forever to build mine too. Just make sure you get the d@mn thing done so you can pop the sub in the day you get it. Trust me, once you see if your not gonna want to wait to put it in.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 285
No Joe I was going to get an Avalanche for 250 not the x.x.x. I already own two of these x.x.x."s-a 15 and 18- I want to get my hands on a 15" Avalanche. Can I still order one?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3114
15's are gone, but if you hurry and order like tomorrow, you might be able to get an 18". I'd love to hear a comparison of an Avalanche and a X.X.X, especially from somebody that owns both.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3317
bassman mike if your for real then I wish you luck and hope to hear a story of success.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 286
Al'right cool. So thats it they 're not making anymore 15"s or what ?, whats the deal.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3118
They're selling all the rest of their original models. Once all the subs with the XBL^2 motors are gone, then they're gone. Hopefully they'll be worth more over time, lol.

They're still making 15's, their just changing everything up and are now gonna use their own motor, instead of paying Adire to use the XBL^2.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 287
Thanks man. I see now. Do you want to sell your 15" :-)

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 222
I'm a psychic. Joe's going to say "hell no." lol

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 155
Well when i bought mine they only had 1 of each left of the 12, 15, and 18 ava's and i bought the last 15 so if any they have 2 left and Dale said that these are going to be collectors items. And their not using their own motor its just a motor that they dont have to pay to use

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3119
Well, I love what I've heard so far, and I don't even have my HO alt in yet, and I really didn't listen to it for very long, so I know it can only get better. Even though, I still do plan on selling it eventually and trying something different. It won't be for a while though. Probably 6 months or so. Next sub I'll test out is a SoundSplinter Rl-P 15", then after I sell that I gotta get an ID MAX :-)

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 288
WHAT - so all 15's and 18's are gone ? I was looking at their web site and saw the price for the 18" at 275. I'm still gonna give em a call tomorrow 'see if I can still get an 18" Ava. What do they come in , dual 2 ohm ?

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 804
Im pretty sure someone has tried it or thaught about it but if they did get it to work we would all know about it already. Its really simple i really cant see how no ones ever tried it before.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 806
oh and thanks sean but you know im only 14 and i really dont see how i could accomplish this myself.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3121
If your idea is the real deal you need to draw up some plans, and get in touch with somebody that really knows what they're doing.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3318
bassmanmike my suggestion would be educate yourself and find a cheap test subject to try on and build it as your prototype...this will require hands on and lots of reading but worth the time

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 248
Joe Smoe,

My brother-in-law has designed a residential back-up-power electrical pannel, and he has got a pattent on it. It is active for 20 years (I think). He would have loved to pay just $400 for the pattent, but he actually spent over $20,000.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us