Hey Mo my ID's came in today woot!

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 129
Im excited now. Cant wait to hear these. Like a kid again haha.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8259
yay

post pics when they're in. tell us what ya think

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3612
Glasswolf you still get excited about that? I figure with the amount of time you spent in the past, you'd be plateaued out.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8266
I'm being supportive and friendly. shutup.

:P

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1619
Thats good DareDevil, definetly let me know how it sounds once you get them. IM still waiting on my car so i can get all my stuff installed. I have that same ID CXS62 chamoleon set and im going with that ppi white art 300.2 amp. Cant wait to hear them out.

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 135
Started on 1 door here is a shot of progress just from earlier. Need to sand it down some more but its moving along. Upload

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1622
Thats good work man. I dont really have the tools or knowledge to really custom fix my doors so i have to get some proffesional installers to do my install so its done right.

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 136
Got more pics 1 door is basically done need to resin it and fill it then sand it and maybe paint it or vinyle not sure yet. Still need to work on it a little with sandpaper to straighten it out some.
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 138
Its a tad low I may remake it again. Good test though and mold )

Gold Member

Post Number: 3624
DareDevil, your tweeter may be a tad too far from the bass driver.

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 149
Hum well their was already a hole there from another tweeter that was in this car. I can always fix that though no big where you think I should go? How about the space that looks like a triangle between the vent, curve for handle and pocket? Im not sure how flat that is but I can make it flat lol.

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 150
Or move the driver up? I dont know about that though its pretty hefty.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4287
Try it as is. At least give it a shot. Usually works best with high order crossovers and a higher crossover frequency (6khz and above), most component systems don't go that high though. You can get good results with a tweeter up high, just depends on a lot of things, personal preference included.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 322
If their was a hole their before...you can't really move it because then you have a hole there...if the stock location was their...just leave it their. There probably aren't too many places that would give better imaging without lots of work anyway.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1640
Yeah that looks good. It can always be improved by playing around with it. Let me know how it sounds so far since we both have the same componant set. I know Johnathan has only heard the midbass part of the chamoleons and he said it was excellant.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3643
Try it out first like Jonathan suggested. You never know. If the tweeter is not bolted down, you can move it closer to the bass driver and see how it sounds.
I have mine 6" - 8" away from the driver. My 2nd pair of tweeters are up higher though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3644
Forgot to mention that my 2nd pair of tweeters balanced with the rest so that, it blends in with the others, not over power them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us