Question on Hz on a sealed box

Bronze Member
Username: Markstanco

Texas

Post Number: 15
What does this actually do to know this info for a box? I have heard of it but I guess my ignorance is taking over on this subject. Is it REALLY that important? Building my box tonight.

I guess my question is, how do I figure out what mine will be and where do I go to find out what is best for my particular speaker?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2341
You can only tune a ported box. Ported boxes are louder, and you can tune them to a certain frequency, depending on type of music, or if you're just doing it for spl reasons. It has to do with how big/deep/long the port is... sealed boxes are usually more acuret/sq.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3255
actually that isnt entirely true taylor a sealed box has whats called a center frequency and I generally try to get mine as close to the fs of the speaker as possible and that will give a more balanced box sound wise ...you get this center frequency by putting in the theil small papameters and using a program like winisd download version and adjusting the box size accordingly

Bronze Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 39
Sean, do you think you can explain this in a little more detail to me, as I am kind of new at this. I just bought 2 IDQ 10's and have been wondering how big to make the box.

Bronze Member
Username: Markstanco

Texas

Post Number: 16
Letto... Check out your owners manual that came with the speakers. It might have a configuration in there. My manual actually has them on my new RF T112D4.

And Sean, wouldnt you think the manual is pretty close to being a good setup? I only had to modify one side by 1" and another side by .75 inches.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us