Watch this vid, what is it proving?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 328
http://mtx.com/smoked/MTXWooferSVH.mov

What does voltage tell you? If they are giving 142v to that sub, what kind of amperes/watts is it giving? I am just not sure what they are trying to prove in this video. Pretty cool none the less.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 707
i can't get the link to work...

Bronze Member
Username: Tbolt

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 16
If its wired at 2 ohms its gettin about 70 amps and 9800 watts. If its wired at 8 ohms, its gettin 17.5 amps and 2450 watts. Its probably wired at eight ohms. If you dont believe me do the math http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-ohm.htm

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 226
To calculate the wattage, you square the voltage and divide by the resistance.

0.5ohms - 40328w
1ohm - 20164w
2ohm - 10082w and etc

Bronze Member
Username: Tbolt

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 18
yeah what knacko said :-)

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 329
http://www.mtx.com/smoked/

Try that. It takes a little for the vid to load i guess.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 316
it proves how utterly lame mtx is for attacking jl by using "volts." the head of marketing should probably be hauled off to the shed and spoken to.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 708
Heh, good point mike.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 687
hahaha i think that's hilarious. that seriously made my day to see that g@y vid.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3061
i cant get it to work either i check on the codec they are using and its quicktime and i cant get that because i have windows 98 se

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 330
Yeah, thats what I was wondering about. Volts? Why would they use volts to compare? It's just fun to watch the L7 to smoke!

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 75
honestly, I wouldn't want my sub to take that much power...because then you really need a lot of power to get it going to its potential...everybody wants power handling, give me power handling...but then it only costs more to power it...i'd rather have a more sensitive subwoofer than something that takes 10,000 watts+

Bronze Member
Username: Stylnul

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 75
yeah and well isnt the w7 more of a sq sub in the first place? why would anyone wanna hook up their subs to a direct electrical source to "see which is better?" if they wanna see competition they should compare that mtx to the parthenon to see how it stacks up.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 443
Hell 10kw of electrical power, for just one sub bass.

Why not just buy some 2x SRB from NASA and stick them on the side of the car, that will give you a total rush KABOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2293
Lol yeh, that should give you something... more like a present in you're pants.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4194
It tells me that MTX needs to start comparing apples to apples and use a subwoofer of a different nature for the test. Stack that 22" MTX against a DD 9917 and see the results. JL didn't intend the W7 to take a ton of power as they are geared for a totally different application. They're just giving half-wits something to blabber about when they buy an MTX sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us