12w3v2-d4 and a 2ohm stabil amp

Anonymous

I just got the 12w3v2-d4 ohm and I have a 2 ohm stabile amp I don't know if I can drop them down to 2ohm or will it drop down to 1 ohm (if someone could explain that it could really help me out)

I have the subs wired up to the amp Series / Parallel does that mean im running 4 ohms now and if I got the 12w3v2-d2 would that be better because it would be 2 ohm subs to a 2 ohm stabile amp

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 247
Look like you answered yur own question in that last paragraph!

And no, you cant wire 2 Dual 4-ohhm subs to 2-ohms.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 248
Oh BTW, if you can take back those dual 4-ohm subs and get the dual 2-ohm, it would be alot better. Your right, wire the dual 2-ohms series/parallel and you will have a final load of 2 ohms. That way you will be getting the most power possible out of your amp.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 188
well, what kind of amp do you have? you might be able to bridge it at 4ohms and significantly increase your output.

Username: 12w3v2d4man

Post Number: 1
The amp I'm running is a logic sound lab lsx-2800
2 ohm stale stereo

its a 2 channel MOSFET power amp (what is MOSFET power? and how does it relate to a mono amp?)

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 732
Frankey, stay with what you have and bridge it a 4 ohms. Since its not 2 ohm stable bridged, that will give you the best output. Right now your running the subs in stereo, and you will be better of running them mono.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 193
mosfet: metal-oxide semiconductor field-effect transistor. its a transistor of sorts that makes your amp more efficient (not drain as much power from your charging system).

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 194
so yes, your amp can be bridged to 4ohms.
just take only the negative of one channel and only the positive of the other channel (not neg AND pos of both) and connect them to your driver like so :http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/#2dvcsp
this should give you 800 watts x 1 (probably more realistically 600x1).
and no, this is not too much power for your sub.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 195
correction (lol) this is a w3 not a w6 we are talking about here. be sure to set your gains very low on your amp. it is always better to have more power than not enough, but you MUST set the gains accordingly so you dont damage the sub.
setting the gains is not hard to do. turn your gain all the way down on your amp. turn your HU up 75% (or just before it begins to distort). now, start to turn your gain up on your amp. when you hear the sub begin to distort or you hear any sound other than clean ACCURATE bass (like the tensil leads slapping), turn it down until it sounds good and leave it.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 260
You forgot to tell him to make sure that all settings on his HU should be set to flat, before he does all that.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 198
indeed. essential point.
the initial post was confusing. i thought we were talking about one sub. if you have two subs, even better. that will be 800wx1 which will be divided by both subs at 400w/sub. PERFECT!
just bridge it the same way and set the gains as suggested.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us