(2)-2003 Kicker Comp 15" 8-ohms

CWorth
Unregistered guest
Well, you know what im packin in my trunk, so ill get straight to the point. I'm runnin' both of those on a 500 watt p5002 Rockford Amp, I'm not bridging them. When I turn my gain up, and the volume up, my subs make a almost hollow sound like wood vibrating. I have them mounted on to a sealed box, but tried to port them. The holes i made are about a inch and a half in diameter, and I stuffed them full with insulation so no air tries to get out. Even before when I hadn't made the holes it made the sound (Why I tried to port it myself in the first place). Would this be because my subs are blown, or a box problem? I know someone else posted this, but he had a ported box, I don't.

Silver Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 221
turn ur gain down some

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 168
The insulation in the port is most likely your problem. A fully stuffed port will act about twice as long because the air travels through about half as fast and your enclosure will seem 1.35x the size (transmission line basics). It's gonna give you an odd (very low) tuning frequency that is probably to low for your subwoofer to handle, causing overexcursion. Seal the port holes with something solid, like MDF, and see how it sounds.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 647
are hose just holes in the box or did you actually place ports in them? also are your subs wired out o phase? try switching the polarity on one of the subs and see how that sounds. ( swith the + and - on just ONE of the subs)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2760
"Even before when I hadn't made the holes it made the sound" indicates this is not a port hole problem just wanted to point that out

Cworth
Unregistered guest
It was a sealed box, i drilled holes in it myself. i put ducttape all in the inside of the hole making it so no air got out, it sounds a little better, but i will try the reverse polarity.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 361
lol dude make a new box sounds like this one is getting pretty ghetto when u start usin words like duct tape

Cworth
Unregistered guest
yeah, was goin for the new kicker boxes ported for the 2005 15" Kick Comp's. Plus ive drilled so many times tryin to fix the problem the area around the subs is gettin pretty torn up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us