SUB keeps cutting off!Kan someone please help me?

Nick123456
Unregistered guest
I hope someone can help me.Dont know alot about car audio. I have 2x4"100w.They run of the radio then have pioneer6"x9"220w they running off there own amp.Then bought a pioneer 1000W(400W rms) sub and it is connected to a Starsound 1200W 2 channel amp. The amp gives 150Wrms x2 at 4 ohm and 230Wrms x2 2 ohm. The sub can be connected at either 2 ohm or 8ohm.

*******Ok heres my problem******* If I connected it at 8 ohm it runs fine and does not go off but does not sound very good. As soon as I connect it at 2 ohm it sounds great but if u putt the volume up and there is alot of base it simply just stops playing. The weird thing is that my other amp gets its power from this amp and that amp and the 6x9's keep on playing. As soon as u drop the volume the sub starts playing again.

Can someone please help me...
Thanks alot!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Dat_dude88

Post Number: 11
may be its a loose wire. i have the same problem sometimes. and it was a loose wire.

Nick123456
Unregistered guest
I checked all the wires and everything.Even replaced all the fuses ect. Cant it be that the sub is drawing too much power or something like that?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 658
do you have it bridged at 2 ohms? that would be your problem. that amp is only stable to 4 ohm

Nick123456
Unregistered guest
Jip its is running at two ohms.How can I bypass this or how can I connect my sub at 4 ohms?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 724
It is impossible to hook up a DVC 4 ohm sub at 4 ohms. hmmmm I just got an idea I know this isnt the safest but you can try hookin up both voice coils to a different channel. As in one voice coil per channel in other words. Should'nt cut out at louder volumes and be louder then when you hooked it up in series at 8 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 726
oh and since the 2 channels are in stereo it would help if the amp had a mono output switch to keep the channels equal. But if it does'nt then W/e you can try anyway or not risk it but if it does have the mono switch i say you should be fine. But if you it doesnt you could try...... but dont say i didnt warn you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us