I need help on subs.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
hey i'm new to the car audio scene. what got me into it is one of my buddies who has 2 12" legacy subs 1200 watts peak. they hit pretty hard and he thinks they are the best around. and he got me into it. so we had a little bet that i couldn't find nething to out beat him. i need u guys to help me out. i've got 300 bucks to spend on a pair of subs no bigger than 10's that hit pretty damn hard. i've already got an amp (pyramid 1000 watt crystal 2 channel), wires, and a box. all i need is a pair of subs. please help me out.

thanx

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 111
pfffft.... He thinks his Legacy subs are the best around??!! There are ALOT of subs out there that could blow those subs away. Not to mention, his subs may HIT hard, but they probably have crappy SQ. You don't need to put up with him bragging like that!! LOL :-)

As for your system, I am not sure what would go with that amp. That amp is not going to put out much power. So your gonna have to look into something that can run on low wattage. Like maybe 2 JL W0's or something.

Anonymous

ughhhh does anyone know what the RMS wattage on that amp would be it would help ALOT-- but just saying its about 400 MAYBE you could look at some of the older kicker comps/audiobahns get loud and are very cheap/JL WO's probably would be your best bet and you have 300$ so we could go 150$ each sub i'll do some looking around for you but if you get any soon STICK TO WELL KNOWN BRANDS- AND NO PYRAMID/LEGACY/PYLE CRAP were gonna help you smoke your friend

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 273
Buy a couple atlases from www.ascendantaudio.com

Jake Keller
Unregistered guest
yes those would be grat subs and it would save you money because two of the would only run you about 200$/ i would highly reccomend selling your current amp and using that money plus the leftover 70$ (after shipping) and get a nice used amp for about 150$ off ebay

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
Donny, read the thread before you post. He needs 10s.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
I agree with Jake. Spend 200 on the subs(maybe cheaper on ebay), then maybe even get a Audiobahn A8000T mono amp. They are really cheap and I am pretty sure you would get more power out of it than the Pyramid.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i need 2 10's though. not 12's. he thinks his stuff is the hottest around. i need sumthin to blow him away. i'll get another amp if i have the money but right now my biggest concern is sum good 10" subs. i found sum crossfires but i dont know to much about them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
OH! I see what is going on here. I was agreeing with Jake cuz I thought he was talking about the JL W0's. The Ascendant Audio's are only 12's, no good. I am saying you should look into JL W0's. You can get them at www.onlinecarstereo.com for 99.00 a piece, w/ free shipping. Or maybe you could find them cheaper on ebay, not sure. But then with your money left overe try to get maybe a Audiobahn A8000T. Either way, that should be enough to totally own your friends Legacy :snicker: system.

As for the Crossfires, I don't know anything about them.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
how hard do the JL W0's hit? and will that audiobahn amp push them good enough for me to turn the subs all the way up? and plus i've heard people dissin the JL's but all i've ever heard from JL Audio is their W7's and they were good. just wondering since i'm completely new to the car audio scene. i'm not guna lie, i know a lil bit but not much.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2078
i can hook you up with 1 10 that would beat him...one mtx 8000 10 for 80 bucks....lets beat him with one instead of two

danuguy
Unregistered guest
dude like i sed i dont know much about speakers so i'm just asking but those JL's only have 125 watts-rms. those legacy's peak at 1200. just to give u an example of how they hit we pulled up to a chevron gas station and he rattled the windows of the chevron. also his bumper has rattled off twice. but i've never heard those W0's but they are only rated at 125 rms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2079
im from mosouri .....show me

Anonymous

yea lets beat him with one... that way the sub you get will last much longer too- but don't go with mtx you can get brand new subs for 200$(the reallllly high end ones)10" that will blow his away wouldn't it be nice to see the look on his face when your 1 gets louder then his 2

danuguy
Unregistered guest
hey sean can u get me 2 mtx's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2081
your amp is only 4 ohms mono stable right?

danuguy
Unregistered guest
well the box i've got fits 2 10's so i was looking to get 2 10" subs for it. cuz i dont want to just blow him away i want to rattle HIS truck (1994 4runner) to peices. and what do u want me to show you sean?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2082
my buddy got the mtx 10s to hit 145.9 with one and they are good subs dont let anyone fool you...ill help you with the box specs

Gold Member

Post Number: 2083
im in the mall right now but ill find the subs for you when i get home

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i don't know much about the amp but here is a link to the amp that i have hooked up to my truck right now:

http://pyramidcaraudio.com/itempage.asp?model=PB781X

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 298
This may sound crazy lol but look at these subs.
http://store.yahoo.com/mobile-emotions/noname25.html I know everyone makes fun of my Volfenhags, but they will rattle things, especially in a ported box. I GUARANTEE they will hit harder and sound better than those Legacys. If they don't...well I'll go puncture a hole in the aluminum cones of my own. Yea, aluminum, I bet those Legacys are just treated paper cones or P.P. at best. They are also very inexpensive. The Audiobahn A800T will power them nicely. Your Pyramid amp will end up clipping long before these subs will blow, in fact the blowing would only be caused from the clippin g amp. Give them a whirl, you'll be glad. NOTE: These are not JL, Kicker, Avalanche, Atlas, JBL, or any other high brand subs, but these subs however, are better than anything you buy at CC or BB. GUARANTEED! Except maybe their Alpine and Audiobahn series lol.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i've got a box (sealed) all i need is the two 10" mtx 8000's. and u can look at that link cuz i dont know much about the amp. i just bought it cuz i figured a 1000 watt amp would be all i would need. but u can look at that link and see if i need another amp.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i need people's opinions on which i should get since i dont know much about it. i've heard of the brand volfenhag but i've never heard them hit be4.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i need people's opinions on which i should get since i dont know much about it. i've heard of the brand volfenhag but i've never heard them hit be4.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
about the volfenhags what is the rms for those subs and whats the shipping charge for them? also what exactly is clipping?

danuguy
Unregistered guest
also what amp would i need to run two of those subs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2085
bad news danu guy if what i see on this link is right you have a 15 amp fuse thats 129.60 watts at 14.4 volts with 40 percent efficiency loss and thats at 15 amps which youll never reach

Gold Member

Post Number: 2086
if you beat him with that amp it would be a miracle but a 60 hz bass boost is nice for spl

Gold Member

Post Number: 2087
heres the link

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/product_info.php?products_id=79

danuguy
Unregistered guest
ok can u break that down into terms i can understand please lol.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
yeah that's my amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 2089
your amps true power is about 129 watts not 1000 if the only fuse it has in the side of it from factory is 15 amps.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
that may explain why it's not working right now becuz i had 2 pioneer 10"'s hooked up this morning that have 500 peak watts and 125 rms and now my amp is not working. the power light is not on but the protect light is on.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
do u think that is why it's not working? and can i just put a bigger fuse in it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2092
do not change the fuse size its there to protect the amp....thats what it calls for. what do you mean not working? Are you saying it doesnt work or doesnt boom like you think it should?

danuguy
Unregistered guest
the subwwofers are not working at all. like i sed the power light on the amp is not on but the protect light is. but the subs are not working at all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2093
check the wires inside at the sub with everything off

danuguy
Unregistered guest
inside the box?

danuguy
Unregistered guest
the wires on the inside of the box that goes from the sub to inside of the box? those wires are fine.

mindfuk
Unregistered guest
what about kicker l5 10 they will hit and they are cheap

danuguy
Unregistered guest
how cheap are they and are they the round one's or square one's? also do u think that the amp below will push 2 of them? if not what amp do u think will that is fairly cheap?

the amp:http://pyramidcaraudio.com/itempage.asp?model=PB781X

Gold Member

Post Number: 2110
wait a min you have two 10s? are you bridged or in stereo? 1 channel or two channel in other words?

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i have one sub hooked into each channel and it's a 2 channel amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Crazyred

Baker, Louisiana United states

Post Number: 12
well im another who need help with my subs what is the better sub fosgate t112d4 or ts-w3004 premier

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
The RMS on those subs is 400W. Clipping is basically the amp being run at a higher power than it is designed to run at. At a clipping range it will cause distortion, which can blow subs. That Pyramid amp will prolly start clipping at 1/2 gain if not lower. Those subs I recommended will definitely take the full CLEAN brunt of that amp by the way. Seriously, I swear those Volfenhags will eat those Legacys up. NOW A NOTE OF CAUTION...don't go around with the Volfenhags (especially the 10's lol) being like "Oh yea, my Volfenhags can out hit ANY Kicker, JL, Memphis, JBL, or any other high rated brand known to man!" At that point you will be laughed at.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3291%26item%3D5775268331% 26%26
There is a link to the cheapest set of the 10's on Ebay. They are 88.88 a pair, and prolly like 15-20 shipped. Oh yea, these subs are VERY deep, and will require a deep enclosure. They work great in my sealed enclosure (I have 12's) and they probably will hit higher SPL's in a ported enlcosure.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
well i called the guy about my bet last night and he sed that if i beat his legacy's that there was absolutely no way i can get anything to beat one of his buddies subs. he has two 15" MA Audio's. they hit hard. i dont know what the wattage is. so now i need sumthin to beat his subs too. i guess basically i need the best subs i can get for about $300 cuz people keep popin up wanting me 2 find sumthin 2 beat em. any ideas anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 345
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-190, Build a new box for 2 15"s. give em atleast 400rms each, A kicker kx600.1 would get them moving but ideally would would want something larger like a JBL bp1200.1, maybe a Ed nine.1, definitely ported to about 35 htz. Or save alittle more money and get a single 18" avalanche form acendant audio. Box building is easy, we will give you dimensions if need be.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
these speakers need to fit into a standard cab truck though. that's my problem. i dont have a lot of space.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
well the subs that i get need to be able to fit into a standard cab truck. that's my problem. i dont have a lot of room. but i bought a box that fits absolutely perfect in my truck. it fits 2 10's and is sealed but u couldn't u widenout the holes to fit 2 12's or even 15's and cut out 2 port holes in the top cuz this box fits awesome.

Silver Member

Post Number: 338
Ummmm Nick...I have a really strong feeling those are HOME AUDIO speakers. Well maybe not Home Audio, but it says loudpspeaker. Sounds like it would be more for like DJ applications.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us