Make bass more "feelable"

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 105
is their any way to make a sub make sounds that you feel more than you hear (my car had a sub in the trunk and almost all the sound was felt not heard. now i have a cherokee and thier is no seats or anything that the sub has to go throught so i hear the bass alot now cept for the real low notes.

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 153
i'm not sure, but i think this where something like dynamat would come in. it would help to stop the car from vibrating as much, so you hear it clearer. so you wouldnt feel the entire car rattling. just a thought.

goon

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
na see i do have ynamat and my car doesnt rattle at all and i like to feel the bass in my spine and seat. thats what i want to dupilicate the sound as if it was in a trunk

Anonymous

Its probably because of all the open space like you said it doesnt have to travel through anything therefor you hear it more.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
is their any way around that?

HTS
Unregistered guest
Maybe u can try setting the LPF for the sub lower like 40-50hz. Raise the vol. level so that ur amping the low bass region where u feel it more..

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 328
Which way are your subs facing? They should be facing the rear so the sound can reflect from the back.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2151
Only real way your gonna feel the bass more is to get better subs and up your db readings. Other than that, personally I think lower frequency's are a lot easier to feel, and feel verrrrry good btw.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 337
Sometimes i lye on my roof and run 30 htz tones through my system. Its like a big back massage.

subdubmicromachine
Unregistered guest
i second dat.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3794
Like recommended above, lowering the crossover frequency and increasing the low end performance of the subwoofer will add "feel" and you don't hear lower frequencies as much as you do upper bass frequencies. If you port it and tune in the 20s, you'll get a powerful low end. Just make sure your midbasses can handle the transition region without distortion.

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 72
They are called bass shakers.

Upload

www.aurasound.com

Install one of these bad boys under your car seat. I think you will get your fill.

Bronze Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 26
Ohhh I want one!

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 238
mixneffect i was just gettin ready 2 say that...they require low wattage and there awsome

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2661
thats exactly what I was thinking the whole time while reading this post! lol good call Mix

subdubmicromachine
Unregistered guest
How do these actually work? Do they just vibrate or are they like subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 76
just vibrate
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us