Adding new amp with a factory amp already in it...

Bronze Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 40
Im adding a sub mono amp for my 2 subs in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. The car came with an Infinity Gold sound system with a 180 watt 6 channel amp. I basically know how to install an amp, but Im confused about adding an amp when I already have one. Im also adding a new HU with 2 preouts and a subwoofer preout. How would I wire the two amps RCA and remote wires, or anything else? A drawing from paint or somthing would be great if anyone could help.

Bronze Member

FL USA

Post Number: 41
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1371
if i remember correctly, on my new Hu there is two rca jacks in the back and i guess you could just plug in your second set in there, and ive heard people say they just resplice your remote wire

Bronze Member

FL USA

Post Number: 42
ok thx. I was just hoping it wouldnt be anything complicated

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1376
i oculd be wrong lol

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1034
...i know when my friend installed a new headunit in his volvo that they had to wire around the factory amp....

Username: Steelheadgoof

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 5
If you want to use your factory amp along with your mono, attach the rca cables from the factory amp to the hu. If you are running a 6 speaker system use the closest speakers to the front on the factory amp, and rig the rears on the rears channels on the onboard hu amp. Personally I think you are better off buying a bypass kit, and an aftermarket four channel amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us