1 13w7 can reach 150db in ported box...can 2reach 150 in sealed?

Anonymous

is it possible that if 1 13w7 reaches 150db in a ported box that 2 13w7s in a sealed box built to JL's specifications could reach 150?

amps-1000/1 each
enitre car has sound deadener

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1144
yeah I guess it is possable with the right EQ's and head unit as well.

Anonymous

i would like to get my hands on the alpine IVA-d300 and alpine i think g180 11band equalizer

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1146
very very nice equipment

Anonymous

any1 know how the clarion 7 band equalizer is?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 810
Subfanatic that's not you posting as Anyonymous is it? lol

Anonymous

thanks guys... any1 else have an opinion?

Unregistered guest
i'd say it depends on your set up and JL subs are underrated. 1 1000/1 to a 13W7 is actually at about half power. hook 2 to it, tune the box and play at that frequency and i'd say you'd have something serious.

(info from friend who works at my local tweeter/hifi buys who has to go to JL for trianing)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1259
well your friend better go for more training because that sub cannot handle 200-2400 watts! Even if it could it voids all warranty. That is one of the most rediculous things I have ever heard. Have you ever heard a 13w7 with a 1000/1? well I have and there is no way you could double the power. Anyways why would you do it is it worth frying a $700 sub for 3 db's?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 919
Lol.

"1 1000/1 to a 13W7 is actually at about half power. hook 2 to it, tune the box and play at that frequency and i'd say you'd have something serious."

I don't even know what to say to that.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1263
yeah just humor him I guess. I mean how much can a guy who claims to keep elves really know? I mean no one ever told him that they dont even exist? F'ing psycho

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 16
you wont fry a 13W7 with 2 1000/1's, yeah you will lessen its lifespan and void the warranty but you'll get its full potential, try it. JL subs are under rated anyway. and yes i've heard a 13W7 with a 1000/1, and i've heard one with 2, i've heard 6 (ported) with a 1000/1 for each, that was sick, and i have one with 2 500/1's

if you were here, i'd take you to the tweeter and let you talk to the guy.

and yeah, elves don't exist smart a*s, its a screen name

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 667
What? It won't last for very long! Maby afew burp's at a time, but that is under competing condition's! There is no way you can listen to it for long period's of time with that kind of power!
Yes, they are underrated, but not by that much!:-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1283
thanks dude cause I didnt know that it wsa just a screen name. Tweeter is garbage. even if I was near you I wouldnt go ask your friend who claims to do something to a sub that viods a warranty. Youre a moron. Tweeter is up there with Bestbuy in my opinion and I wouldnt listen to them trying to tell me I could put 4000 watts to a audiobahn immortal either. I have had many JL systems over the last 10 years and I feel that I know a pretty good amount about them. What you are saying is absolutely acenine and No one from JL would ever ever ever recomend something that stupid. If they would recomend it it wouldnt void the warranty. Anyways it has a dual VC with only one hook up so you cant run two amps to it anyways.

Bronze Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 17
anyways, thats what he says that jl recommends, 750 a voice coil, which is a lil less then what you'll get from 2 1000/1's due to heat. and you can hook 2 amps to a 13W7, i got 2 500/1's hooked to mine, you just gotta match sensitivities (sp?) and sure, a sales person at a tweeter is the same as one from a best buy, filling your head with stuff to make you spend your money for their commission, lol. 750 a VC isn't that much, so i say thats believable, so i'm not a moron so don't say that.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1287
ok the JL "slash " series are underrated. do you now what underrated means? The 500/1 pushes an average of about 580 and the 1000/1 pushes an average of about 1150 so what the hell are you talking about 750 out of a 1000/1.

Bronze Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 18
with heat factored in it makes the 1000/1 less efficient, putting out less watts, plus how its hooked up too. 1000/1's get really hot for some reason, or at least all the ones i've seen. i mean 750 watts is less then what a 1000/1 pushes. thats what the hell i'm talking about, why are you so jumpy man? damn
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us