Sub help...

Bronze Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 35
was looking at getting new subs and found a store close by that sells tons of electronics and they sell subs,amps,components,hu's ect...(cliff designs,ma audio,visonik...)i was wondering if ma audio and visonik are any good...(i got a 12 inch mmats rite now...do these compare to it./..are they better?)...and if anyone could tell me if the prices they have are good...website is...www.xscargo.com...go to electronics and car audio...thank you for the help in advance...

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 36
anyone lol...the prices are
MA AUDIO
700 WATT 10" HIGH PERFORMANCE SUB
DUAL 2" HIGH-TEMP KAPTON COPPER WOUND VOICE COILS
PATENTED DIE-CAST BASKET WITH 180 OZ. DOUBLE STACKED MAGNETS
PLATINUM PLATED TERMINALS
COMPOUND POLYPROPYLENE CONE WITH HIGH PROFILE RUBBER SURROUND
THERMO-COOLING MOTOR STRUCTURE
$69.99

VISONIK
600W 12" SUBWOOFER - DUAL VOICE COIL
DUAL 4-OHM ALUMINUM VOICE COILS
CHROME STEEL BASKET & PUSH TERMINALS
48OZ. STRUCTURED STRONTIUM MAGNET WITH VENTED MAGNET STRUCTURE
RUBBER SEALANT GASKET WITH TREATED FOAM SURROUND
$38.88
jsut a little example of the cheap prices they got either of these subs anygood?

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 37
can anyone help im planning on buying these soon and jsut wondering if they are good b4 i buy them....thank you

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 197
which mmats sub. i would think that mmats make their subs with better quality. if its the juggernaut then no. im not too sure about either of those brands but i think i would go with the ma audio, if i had to choose between the two. mmats probably is better quality then both though

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 38
mmats 12 inch pro series 250 rms....im running a 300w(170rms) power acoustik to it...and it pounds pretty hard(ported box in a hatchback) but i jsut want somehting louder...lol

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 198
stick with the mmats

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 199
understandable...lol. i think we all would like to be louder. but i think the mmats is a better sub, than the visonik. if you have the money keep your mmats andf get the ma audio, and find out if it is worth the 70 bucks, you cant go wrong. have you had your car spled?

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 39
no...not yet..not sure where to get it done...cant u jsut buy something from radioshack that counts the db's...is that what ur talking aboutt???alittle new at all this...lol..

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 201
its cool, im still new to it all too. the meters at radioshack only go up to like 120 at most. when you feel confident enough go to your local shop and ask them to spl it for you and they might charge you like five bucks. what type of box is your sub in? and whats youramp?

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 40
its in a custom ported box...
and the amp is a 300watt(170rms) power acoustik gothis series for sub and 600w4 channel for rear and front speakers...

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 41
i cant upload pics rite now..lol computer is messed but i got a web site if ya want to check it out got some pics of the car and the system signt he guest book if ya want and tell me what uthink...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/705732

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 203
nice. i have a pa amp too. the lt980/2. im looking to upgrade here in a minute. a little more power may not hurt you either

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 42
ya i think i might go with the ov2-520....300rms...jsut 50 over my rms...depending on if i redo the system or not....i think theyre really good amps but alot of ppl on here seem to think theyre no good i think it powers my sub good and makes it thump alot harder then some of my friends running 2 subs with a 800 watt amp....lol what kind of subs u got??

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 204
i have a adire audio brahma 12. its my baby. ive got it in a 1.8cu in. vented boxe and only 375 watts to it. i hit 137 at the dash. im looking to upgrade my amp to a hifonics brutus bx1500 or the bx1800. they are a great budget oriented amp and going to build a 2.5 cu. in. box with a cheap kenwood deck. your car would llok great with a kit and paint job. ti would ,make it worth the name ford gave it....probe, not the best name..lol if you stick with mmats on your upgrade go with the juggernaut its a good sub

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 205
hopefully with a bigger amp and box and some sound deadener i will hit around 145 to 147 i hope

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 43
ya def...well im gettin painted this week...black...and then gettin a full sensei body kit in the summer....and prb gettin the interior red will be sick when done...but u know a set to get the mmats like i know there website but i dont think they sell anything on theyre...u know of any stores that sell them ur prob not from around here thou...lol...ontario,niagara falls...

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 44
sorry lol i meant a site to get the mmats...lol

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 207
no i live in new mexico. the most boring place on earth. crap i will look it up, ive been to one.

http://www.lightav.com/car/mmats/mmats.html

ok the jugger. is a little exspensive. the pro cast isnt though

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 45
kk thanx alot for the help man in gunna go to sleep thoou skewl in the morning lol...but i will talk to ya later if ya got icq jsut add me and ill keep ya upadted....197-282-642..or msn quick_silver_430@hotmail.com...have a good one man...hope all those upgrades work out for u...peace...

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 208
later. i hate getting up for school. keep posting pics for your car and subs. have a good one. email me when you do hunterw86@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us