What would u guys compare a type x sub too and which subs u know it would out perform

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 67
r they really that equal with x's and brahma if so ppl should just buy them since they're cheaper.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1127
they are compared to, but in my opinion less than a triple x or brahma or the rest of the super subs

im just not a fan of alpine subs

Username: Lostnconfused

Far Far Away, I Forgot USA

Post Number: 7
Why dont you like alpine subs bacon!? They are great!! I love the way the R sounds.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 273
yes,the alpines are kick butt subs but compared to the bramas they just dont have the balls. i personally like the alpine subs as well, but wouldnt put them into the same catagory as say a DD 9500 or Brahma, ect.

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 28
Alpine type x or JL w7 ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 278
hmmm?

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 70
i had a alpine r series, was a good sounding sub - very good sq. - suffered a bit when loud tho.

doesnt compare to the 15" L7 i have now. i've heard the type x are in the same league as the kicker L7's that true?

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 312
My type Rs take anything I can throw at them loud or quiet metal or techno they are great and well built/balanced.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1140
no way paddy, l7's cannot compare to these super subs...

tdx, brahma, triple x, type x, 9500, 9900, juggernaught, brahma extreme, w7, and theres a few more

i like the alpine signal processing/head units but their speakers arent the best...any of these above will absolutely blow away a type-r and probably a type x

l7's cant even be considered the same catagory as these

Anonymous

yo bacon you got Type X in that list...wouldnt the type x be = to the type x...i mean its not something that takes a brain surgeon

Username: Whityboy510

Post Number: 1
yo i have 6 Lightning Audio S4.10.VC2 10'' 1500 Watt Subwoofers an to go with them i have 7 Lightning Audio S2.1000.1D amps an i have 6 Lightning Audio S2.69.2 6x9's an i have 5 Lightning Audio BD10-03 Capacitors sp is there any thing u guys think i need to add or would like me to add

Username: Lostnconfused

Far Far Away, I Forgot USA

Post Number: 8
"i like the alpine signal processing/head units but their speakers aren't the best...any of these above will absolutely blow away a type-r and probably a type x"

The Type R is not meant to be a super class SPL subwoofer; of course a Brahma and the above will blow it away... How ever for the money the Type R will wipe the floor with pretty much any sub in ITS CLASS. The type Rs and Xs are VERY well built subwoofers and the Type X does slam; when making comparisons it would be advisable to compare apples to apples...

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
although i would agree with ya bacon for obvious reasons, i know at least three different competitors who got first place at world finals with L7's. they are really efficient, in stock, super stock, and pro stock classes, efficiency is so important. i've seen 60's with only 4 12"L7's on termlab. we both know the sq is crap and durability isnt the highest, but man these subs can really get super loud, loudest in the world... but i'd nevre use them either:-)
a fellow team wisconsin member won 1st in 0-300 basic stock,(thats only one battery in this class and no cap) and set the new world record last weekend at finals, with L7's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 282
but, in order to win higher classes you may need at least 3000 to 10000 watt rms burps on each sub, and you cant argue with bacon here, the L7's will break instantly. go super subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 283
nice point mallory, well spoken

Beezae
Unregistered guest
L7's not in the same league? I just heard a Alpine Type X today at its really overrated compared to my friend's L7. Are you sure you know what your talking about bacon?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 288
Beezae,

its all in the install.

MadFatChickKiller
Unregistered guest
marshall is right Beezae, your friend probably didnt have a worthy amp powering the X type

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 71
L7's gota be in the super sub list winning all these competitions!! yeah they lack sq - but get a big enough sealed box - should sort that out.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Ya I don't like the solos but then I don't like Kicker. I don't know why so don't mouth me saying how good they are. It's kind of like chevy people hate ford's. I just don't like kicker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us