Kicker L7 or JL Audio 12w6v2 better sq??

iheartbass
Unregistered guest
i was thinking of going with only sub in my trunk but wasnt sure which one to get. what would sound better in the trunk of a VW jetta, a kicker 12L7 or a JL 12w6v2? ported or sealed box?

dwnrytepnoi
Unregistered guest
a kicker L7 with a sealed box sounds the best..be sure to look at kicker.com for specific box measurements to get the most out of ur sub..

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1006
better sq a jl will kill a kicker in that area

BlownRiv
Unregistered guest
i use an L7 in a sealed enclosure - sounds great. but from what i've heard, the W6v2 is also a great sub. it's a toss-up. you can't go wrong either way.

if you just can't decide, i'd go with the sub that looks better in your car.

whichever sub you go with, use a vented box if you want to get loud SPL, use a sealed box for better SQ and deeper bass. there are exceptions to this rule, but in my experience it's usually the case.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2540
JL W6v2 has better sound quality, L7 is more SPL inclined. The square design adds uneven stress points, and needs bracing to counter that (more mass), it has more chance of cone flex, limited excursion due to surround design, lead slap issues, the motor design is more SPL inclined, linearity isn't as good. All adds to more distortion and degraded SQ.

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 33
wish u told me that a few weeks before i got my L7 jono!!! lol, am more than happy with my setup though! spl's - wow!!!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2546
L7s aren't bad, but the square design can interfere with SQ reproduction and make it less than optimal. Being happy with it is all that matters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us