Hk525 and toshiba sd5109 dts issues

Username: Kegger

Post Number: 1
what i have is an hk525 recently purchased and my
old toshiba sd-5109 dvd player when i play dts encoded movies most of them do not come up correctly on my hk525 i've tried both the optical and coax outputs and only 1 disk displays correctly on the info screen of the hk525 all others play in dts+neo6 and one of the movies "the rock" critintin collection dts5.1 plays as dts 2 channal on my sd-5109 and sd-1200
the reciever is new but both dvd players i have had for awhile i'm wondering if someone would know if this is a dvd player problem or a reciever issue.if it is a reciever issue i can return it but if it is dvd player problem i will have to replace it.

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 4
The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you go to the "audio setup" menu from the DVD's main menu, and make sure you choose dts 5.1. I have several DVD's like that...they will play only in 2 channel unless you tell it otherwise.

Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 2
I have a Tohsiba SD-2106 (really old! no dts!) and a new Sony NS725P DVD player connected to my H/K 525. (I also have a Pioneer Elite laserdic player, but that's a different story).

Is your audio out selection set to bitstream on your SD-5109? It should not be "PCM". That's all I can think of.

I had sometimes switched my SD-2106 to PCM Stereo because I wanted to. <g> Only to try to do Dolby Digital later and asking, why everything was in Pro-Logic... this was with my old Kenwood.

Post Number: 2
in response to johnny yes i have gone to the dvd
menu or i would not get dts at all.

and response to geekboy it is set to bitstream.

it will play most dts disks in 6 channel when you
hit the audio button on the dvd remote it tells you whether it is playing in dts or dolby digital
all dolby disks seem to work fine even 5.1 the dts disks are where the problem is most say 6channel but the rock says 2 channel and all but
1 play incorreclty on the hk525 with all seven channels enabled they play dts+neo6 even the ones
that the dvd player says is playing 6channel

Post Number: 3
basicaly i'm just wondering if anyone has seen this before.

and if so is it the reciever or dvd player that is the problem.

i just hooked up the dvd player and am running 7.1 for the first time.

in the past i have run 5.1 with no issues.

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 5
Kegger,

Like I have said before, the only real way to know where the problem lies is to conduct some sort of controlled experiment. Maybe if you could try to borrow the DVD player of a friend...one that you know works. Hook it up to your system. If the problem is still there, then it must be the receiver. If the problem has gone, then it was the DVD Player.

Post Number: 4
thanks johnny yes i understand if i try another
dvd player and it works i know where the problem lies.

i'm just wondering if anyone knows about this issue and what it is.

i have been wanting to try another dvd player
for a while now just haven't come accross one yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us