Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3 good?

Username: Eksine

Post Number: 4
I am seriously considering buying these on Ebay. The auction ends in 2 hours and is up to $325 now. the only reviews i saw were on a UK site. the manufacturer say these are better than:
--------------------------------------------
B&W 602-5
Heco Xenon 600
Heybrook HB3
Jamo E850
KEF Q3
Magnat Vintage 420
Wharfedale Pacific Pi-30
------------------------------

are the Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3 as good as they seem to be?

Post Number: 5
I am also considering buying the Aegis Evo Centre center channel. Are the Aegis Evo series speakers any good?

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 36
They are good speakers. I demo'd them and thought they were very nice for that entry level price range.

Post Number: 6
Stone are you refering to the Aegis Evo 3 floorstanders or the Evo series in general? thank you for your input

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 39
I listened to the both the floors and bookshelfs. Granted it was on a high end Classe seperate amplifier which helped out but they still did a decent job. Good base for H/T.

Username: Fletcher

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 3
I would love for others to comment on these as they are also on my to-buy list for now. Thanks

electronixchange
Unregistered guest
I was a big B&W fan for a long time. I have owned the B&W 604s and never desired another set of tower speakers, until I heard the EVO 3s!!! The difference is in how the sound integrates from tweeter to midrange to woofer, which is difficult to accomplish in a 3 way design. What sold me on the the B&Ws was the midrange, but with the Acoustic Energy EVO 3s the sound is completely seamless! Everything you listen to gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling -- I really mean it! They are, and have been, the best value in tower speakers for the past few years -- hands down.

The only downside to these speakers is that you have to give them time to break in. When you first pull them out the box you'll wonder why you bought them. Give them a good weekend with a bunch of different styles of music, you'll kick yourself for ever doubting their ability.

YOU NEED THESE SPEAKERS........NOW!!!

Unregistered guest
Bought a pair of Acoustic Energy EVO 3s from 7 Oaks for £249,ordered them from AE on Monday, rocking by Thursday. Replaced Technics stand mounted, don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Warmth, depth and feeling, you won't touch these for less than £700+. Beware, gotta change my amp and CD now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us