Timble matching center to left & right speakers

Username: Gepner

Post Number: 1
I have a pair of aerial 5 speakers for my left & right channels. I am in the process of adding and center and rears for a HT setup. I am told that I should use the same manufacturer for the center so that the sound qualities will match, but the aerial center runs over 2000!! I am considering a monitor RSLCR center or a KEF IQ6C - around the same price. Can anyone comment on which would be most compatible with the aerials? Thanks for any help.

Post Number: 2
That should read timbre.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1005
Aerial not have a cheaper center channel in their lineup?

Post Number: 3
Unfortunately no.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 521
Sounds like you need the CC3b. It can be had through audiogon for around 1200 used. Dont change brands for your F/C/R, you'll end up either getting the Aerial later, or swapping out to match the CC you get that doesnt match the Aerials. Plus, (I own Aerial) the Aerial line from top to bottom is tough to beat.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 522
L/C/R.
Also, I meant if you get a different brand CC now, at some point you will end up swapping either the L/R speakers to match the CC, OR, buying an Aerial CC later because you realize how important it is to match the L/C/R channels. Do it right this time around, and you will save money down the road.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1007
I agree with David, buy used if you have to. L/C/R must be the same brand, or the sound just wont come together properly.

Post Number: 4
I've had a search on Ebay for some time to try and find a used CC3b and nothing comes up. Haven't heard of audiogon but it looks like used Aerials for sale are rare birds. Thanks for the feedback.

Post Number: 5
Are there any other sites I could monitor that might find an aerial center channel? Thanks for any help.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5935
Audiogon and Videogon. You can also ask Echo Audio of Portland to be on the lookout for you.

http://www.echohifi.com/

Post Number: 6
I want to thank you guys for great advice - I found a guy selling the aerial cc3b for a 40% discount and grabbed it. You saved me from a big blunder.

Now for rear speakers - monitor audio radius 90 or kef kht 3005.2?

Thanks again.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9638
Way to go helping Ivan, guys!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us