What next?

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2779
I'm deciding what the next upgrade should be. No TVs.

The subwoofer system (will beat anything commercial guaranteed) is next no matter what, but I'm talking about after that I guess.

The Dvd player is a cheap Magnavox unit that was $100 a few years ago.

The AVR is a Pioneer Elite Vsx-91txh.

The mains are KLH AV-5001s (yeah, cheap)

The surrounds are JBL 4311s (yeah, old)

That is..all.

I need to get my meter and check the impedance of the speaker wire going to the surrounds. Hmm.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 993
Find yourself a good hi fi dealer, that treats you well..that is your first upgrade.

Source comes first after that. Work your way up from there.

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2780
But I already have a good dealer

Well anyway I suppose it is best to go to a dealer and evaluate the differences between sources, amps, speakers, and the rest to learn the relationship between components better and stuff.

It goes on and on...

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5916
Spend some money and actually upgrade if you feel like it Andre but for gods sake spare us the inane (do a google search) threads on upgrades that never happen. Plenty of folks here like you enough (including me) to help if they could take you seriously.

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2781
Do a google search for what? I know what that means, thank you (I have never lost a spelling bee, but that's not relative to knowing the meaning of a word, now is it.. lol). :P

I do plan on most of these things happening, actually. I'm not sure about my room, but the rest should be happening soon enough. Maybe there's not much sense in them sometimes because I create them out of boredom (super inefficient speaker..).

Ok.. I'll try and make sure there's a real point before I start a thread.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5919
I apologize Andre. That post was uncalled for...

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2782
It really is fine... It's really hard to anger me anyway (can't remember the last time).

Personally I think the dvd player should be next. It has very limited capability.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5923
Thank you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1004
Andre- save the pennies, buy a blu ray player. The only thing left in the HD war is for HD-DVD to wave the white flag.

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2783
Yeah. I noticed that BR has been winning. They can play SD-DVDs as well, correct?

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 537
Sometimes...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1008
Most models can. Mine can. And any blu ray player that is released now and in the future can play pretty much everything now. Warner bro's just dropped HD-DVD. Blu ray now have Fox,Sony,MGM,Warner Brothers,Lions Gate and a few other big names backing them. Leaving HD-DVD JUST with Paramount. That wont last long though. Start waving that flag Toshiba.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1009
Oh don't forget Disney too. For blu ray.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 538
What type of BD player you have? I bought a Sharp before Christmas, but returned it. Too many issues...

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 539
What type of BD player do you have? I bought a Sharp before Christmas, but returned it. Too many issues...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1010
Sony BDP-S1, the one that retailed for 1499.99 when it came out. I have it flashed with the third gen firmware. Works great now, even with the Java menu's. The second Generation Sharp is suppose to be superb. It comes out sometime this month.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1011
P.S. David upgrade your profile, get those RS6's and center in there. badda bing.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 541
Badda bing!

Done, my friend.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us