Marantz SR-7300 vs. Sony STR-DA4ES vs. Pioneer Elite VSX 45TX

I am looking for thoughts and comments on a new receiver to be used as a pre amp only in my home theater system. I think I have narrowed it down to these three because they have all of the latest formats DTS ES, 96/24, etc.... I do not use DSP modes, but I want the best surround processing and good 2 channel quality. I will be using this with a Parasound 6-channel amp. Thank you for any comments/suggestions/help that you can give me.

P.S. I can get the Marantz and Sony for about the same price but the Pioneer is $200 more.

Brad,
Go with the Pioneer if you wany better 2 channel sound. This is from experience using many receivers over the last three years.
Jim

STEVE LEMONS
I BOUGHT THE PIONEER ELITE VSX45-TX AFTER OWNING AND THEN SELLING THE DENON AVR-3803. THE DENON IS THE WORST SOUNDING RECEIVER I HAVE EVER HEARD AND I HAVE BEEN INTO THIS STUFF FOR 35 YEARS. I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED SO MUCH SHRILL SIBILANT SOUND IN MY LIFE. THE ELITE IS SO MUCH SMOOTHER AND MELLOW BUT HAS AWESOME POWER AND PROCESSING WITH THE MOTOROLA CHIPS. ALSO LIKE ALL ELITE PRODUCTS IT LOOKS GREAT. GO WITH THE ELITE, YOU WON'T BE SORRY. STEVE IN ILLINOIS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us