JBL studio L890 v/s Infinity beta 50..

Bronze Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 97
I did have the opportunity to hear both at my buddy's residence since he owns a pair of each powered by nad's c372...
jbl studioL series has come a long way since the northridge series and sounds more bright and live than the stadium/northridge.. I listen to r&b,rock,jazz, and a bit of country for quite a while actually to both brands, surprisingly, I was listening to eagles, hotel california(live ver) and found the beta 50 was sounding more crisp, acoustic and sharp, it was like for a minute I thought eagles were performing at my friends place..however the studio L didn't sound that crisp,compared to the infinity's but had amazing deep undistorted bass, which the beta's were lacking.. I would go for the beta 50's...
what do u'll guys think comparing them both.. opinions much appreciated.. thnks shane....

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 491
Well shane, as you know its only your opinion that counts. Sounds to me like the Beta 50's with a good subwoofer would be a good match for you.

Both the JBL Studio and the Infinity Beta are decent speakers though. And of course, they are both produced by Harman International, so they'll have support behind them, for what thats worth.

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 108
hey stephen, what if it were 901's v/s beta 50's then whats ur opinion, which one would u choose and why?(if driven by c372)

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 504
Probably the Beta 50s, as I'm not a huge fan of the diffuse Bose sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us