Newbie with Speaker Wiring Questions

Username: Lancer1558

Northridge, CA

Post Number: 1
I am a newbie and I just purchased JBL E30 speakers and have a few questions about wiring these speakers.
The speakers are European CE certified with plastic insers in the binding post terminals. What is the easiest way to get the plastic inserts out of the terminals so I can use banana connectors?
These speakers have 4 binding post terminals. I do not plan on bi-wiring the speakers at this time. The speakers have Shorting Bars that are to be removed if speakers are bi-wired.
What would be the result if I used single wire connections to the Top positive and negative speaker terminals and then using a short wires to connect the Bottom positive and negative terminals with the Top terminals? Should the Shorting Bars be removed if this were done?
Thanks,
Gary

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1102
If you continue to unscrew the binding posts until they come off, you can then remove the plastic dust cover for use with banana plugs (don't drop the binding post into the speaker port like I did)

Biwiring, in my opinion is worth it for the best power distrubition, using speaker wire instead of the jumpers or shorting bars would also likely yield an improvement. Yes you would remove the bars and replace them with speaker wire in the same configuration as the bars (not positive to negative). I tried this amd became quickly frustrated trying to use 12 aug wire, however using banana plugs for the amp connection would be much easier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us