Ss-u511av speaker replacement


Unregistered guest
I have an old pair or Sony ss-u511av with one busted cone (physically damaged.) Anyone know what I should replace the speaker with?


Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 466
Registered: Jan-05
If I were in your shoes, I'd personally remove the damaged speaker from the cabinet, and take it to an authorized Sony Repair contractor, and either have them fix it, or order a new one.

New member
Username: Darkstarsc

Post Number: 1
Registered: Apr-05
Thanks Paul... I brought it into the repair contractor and they said pretty much to buy new speakers. Any thoughts about replacing the one damanges woofer w/ a similar one?

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 479
Registered: Jan-05
A repair contractor told you to buy new?? That's weird since they make their living off rebuilding speakers.........

Any repair contractor should be able to rebuild the speaker to be like-new. At the very least, they can order or put you in touch with someone who can arrange an adequate replacement.

Absolutely, you should be able to either rebuild, or find a replacement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us