Floor model Elite prices

Bronze Member
Username: Earful

Post Number: 15
I was near a different Tweeter than I usually go to tonight so I stopped in and they had 2 floor model Pioneer Elite 53TX receivers and they were priced at $499.99. It looks to be half price but the first color tv I ever bought was a floor model and I had nothing but trouble with it all the time I owned it and I have not bought an open box since. It is tempting though.

edster922
Unregistered guest
The thing is, even if it's a floor model you should still get the full warranty, right? So couldn't you just send it back to the manufacturer to get it fixed or replaced?

I'm trying hard to be optimistic because I just bought a floor model Marantz SR5400 today for $365 which is a bargain, but it's already given me a few scares tonight as I was setting it up.

Part of that is due to me being spoiled by the amazingly easy, intuitive setup of my Onkyo SR601 which I'll be shipping back for a refund on Monday. The Marantz definitely has better SQ for music but I can see it's going to take a good bit of getting used to the interface.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us